OT: Car Audio

JBecker

• Members

You guys are all giving the wrong advice. Go back and look at the OP. He`s not looking to put together a system. He`s not worried about front sound stage imaging vs. rear fill. He doesn`t want component systems with seperate cross-overs and amplifiers.

He just needs a good set of 6"x9"`s for his back deck.

AtarisPunk29- I`m glad you PM`d me about this thread. From what you and I have talked about in the past this is what I suggest. First just buy some good speakers. Go with the mid-range/upper mid-range price range.

*Infinity Reference series 9623i (#1089623i) $149.99

*Polk db series db691 (#107DB691) $149.99

*Kenwood Excelon series KFC-X690 (#113KFCX690) $149.99

*Pioneer TS-A series TS-A6972R (#130TSA6972) $99.99

*Alpine Type-S series SPS-69C3 (#500SPS69C3) $119.99

*Blaupunkt Velocity series Vx693 (#023VELO693) $129.99

*Sony VH series XS-V690HP (#158XSV690H) $99.99

*JBL GTO series GTO937 (#109GTO937) $149.99

Like we talked about before, I used Crutchfield for a reference source. You need to get a copy of their catalog. It has tons of information to help you compare these different brand names. I always use Crutchfield because they know what they are talking about and will not push you to buy something you don`t need or want. On top of that you will get the correct wiring harness to do a factory type hook up for your car. And it will be included for free.

Go to their website and look up the part #`s I listed above. All of those speakers will be a major improvement over stock speakers. No matter which you choose it will sound better. Probably 100% better. I listed stuff from $99.99 to $149.99, which is what I consider mid-range to upper mid-range level. Don`t let this mislead you. All of these speakers are very good. None will let you down.

I`ll PM you with the rest of my advice. Good luck bro.

Eric

This again will be the best for the experience he has in installation and $

• Members

i'll echo the sentiments of others in this thread: i think the "ideal" system is 6.5" components up front (tweets mounted on the dash), 6x9's removed from the rear deck, and a nice 10" sealed subwoofer in the trunk.

AtarisPunk29 - you can go with your original 6x9 replacement idea, or you can explore some of the concepts of "high end" car audio - component (no coaxial!) speakers up front, no rear fill, and line-out from your head unit to an amp that'll actually power your speakers to their full potential. then again, you might be satisfied for the rest of your life with a stock 6-speaker arrangement (2 co-axial fronts, 2 co-axial rears, 2 6x9's in the rear deck), so it's really your call. if i were you, though, i'd slowly work my way towards an "ideal" system like i described above.

• Members

Actually, it seems those Tang Bang's are 8ohms and I've yet to find an amp that would match that impedence, everything is at 4 or 2ohms.

Actually any amp that can run at 4 ohms can run at 8 ohms, but it would technically have half the power. I'm running a pair of Seas Excel W18NX's at 8 ohms up front and they have plenty of power.

And Tang Band does have a 4 ohm 6x9 sub on sale for less than $50 :thu:

Just another fun idea that's a little different than the conventional setup.

Archived