Anyone play/own the new Krank Revolution Jr.?

LOLmaster Flash

• Members

would u maybe mind doing a comparison between the krank and all ur amps for metal?

Four 12ax7 tubes and four 6l6 power tubes

Krank Channel

Typical controls Presence, Bass, Mid, Trbl, two Masters and Gain

Sweep control makes or breaks the amp. IMO this control breaks it for those that say it's bright. Depending, Sweep sets the amp for Warm or very bright.

The sweep control moves the EQ circuit up or down in Frequency. Presence, Sweep and Mids are closely coupled.

A very tight distortion. Probably not quite the gain of my 5150, DR or Cobra, but still a lot.

The Loop is not Switchable. It'd be nice if it did.

Kleen Channel

For a high Gainer it's got a very nice clean channel. Probably not as pristine as the Cobra, but much better than my 5150 and DR. Very usable.

Be weary of those that state "I played a Rev1 and it sucked or it was harsh." No doubt the voicing may not totally be their cup of tea, but it's not a quick dial without experience.

I'd say it's like my 3Ch DR and Cobra mixed.

• Members

Four 12ax7 tubes and four 6l6 power tubes

Krank Channel

Typical controls Presence, Bass, Mid, Trbl, two Masters and Gain

Sweep control makes or breaks the amp. IMO this control breaks it for those that say it's bright. Depending, Sweep sets the amp for Warm or very bright.

The sweep control moves the EQ circuit up or down in Frequency. Presence, Sweep and Mids are closely coupled.

A very tight distortion. Probably not quite the gain of my 5150, DR or Cobra, but still a lot.

The Loop is not Switchable. It'd be nice if it did.

Clean Channel

For a high Gainer it's got a very nice clean channel. Probably not as pristine as the Cobra, but much better than my 5150 and DR. Very usable.

Be weary of those that state "I played a Rev1 and it sucked or it was harsh." No doubt the voicing may not totally be their cup of tea, but it's not a quick dial without experience.

I'd say it's like my 3Ch DR and Cobra mixed.

Awesome, thanks dude!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

:thu:
review in order...

decided to give an update for mood bender, otherwise trolls stay the {censored} away queers.

the Krank revo jr is everything i've wanted in an amp, versatile enough for what i want to play tool/candlebox/godsmack, with a 10band eq in the loop of course but other than that, i'm very satisfied with my tone, it {censored}s all over most of the amps i've previously owned, and i'll probably have it for a long long time :D

• Members

I would rather buy an ACTUAL full stack or simply a 1x12" combo. Not a 1x12" wanna-be

ok for bedroom use? you sure got valid points, there's a reason i downsized, {censored}

l_b5ee53b3168d4f53d7693fc57d24a6b1.jpg

far from a wannabe 1x12 amp, yw

• Members

the Krank revo jr is everything i've wanted in an amp, versatile enough for what i want to play tool/candlebox/godsmack, with a 10band eq in the loop of course but other than that, i'm very satisfied with my tone, it {censored}s all over most of the amps i've previously owned, and i'll probably have it for a long long time
:D

How loud does it have to get for it to get the tone you dig? How much gain is on tap?

Archived