Bogner Uberschall past/current owners... effects loop + pedals?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I've heard the uberschall's effects loop sucks with pedals.... I was really interested in buying an uber until this... I use a lot of effects in the loop... delay, reverb, phaser, various modulation effects, decimator noise gate, etc.... so, I really need an amp with an effects loop that works well with pedals. I wanted to ask people who have had experience with it and know what they are talking about. Is it difficult to run pedals in the loop of the uberschall? Can the send and return levels be adjusted well enough? Is it quiet or noisey?

I know of one for sale right now that I could buy... so, the faster any of you can help me out, the better. Did I hear correct in that it's basically a no-go or can it be done well if you're patient and know how to set the controls?

Thanks... :wave:

• Members

Only the Revision Blue has a loop level control.

When I had my v2, I used an Xpression or a G Major in the loop and it worked great and sounded great. I never tried pedals, though.

I would imagine that the newest version would be the one to get if you are planning to use pedals in the loop as I believe the loop control was added specifically to help with that.

• Members

Only the Revision Blue has a loop level control.

When I had my v2, I used an Xpression or a G Major in the loop and it worked great and sounded great. I never tried pedals, though.

I would imagine that the newest version would be the one to get if you are planning to use pedals in the loop as I believe the loop control was added specifically to help with that.

Yeah, it's the channel volumes right? I was thinking that might make things difficult... having the channel volumes also be the send and return levels... while it's already somewhat difficult to match the volume of clean channel and gain channel... I know the loop was designed to be used with rack gear.... so, I'm not sure how well it does with pedals, which is why I'm asking...

• Members

G-Force or an ISP decimator and or a pro rack G. Once in a while a chorus or something simple.

Yeah, those aren't pedals.... the decimator is but it's not an effect pedal that really needs the correct volumes... I already know the loop was designed for rack gear... I was asking about how well it can work with pedals

• Members

Yeah, it's the channel volumes right? I was thinking that might make things difficult... having the channel volumes also be the send and return levels... while it's already somewhat difficult to match the volume of clean channel and gain channel... I know the loop was designed to be used with rack gear.... so, I'm not sure how well it does with pedals, which is why I'm asking...

Are you then asking specifically if the v2 and v1 amps will work with peda ls?

Otherwise, I think the blue version addresses this with the control on the back for the loop, right?

• Members

Are you then asking specifically if the v2 and v1 amps will work with peda ls?

Otherwise, I think the blue version addresses this with the control on the back for the loop, right?

No, the one I'm looking at is the revision blue. What control is on the back? I thought the only controls for the loop were the channel volumes... I was told they double as the send levels?

• Members

No, the one I'm looking at is the revision blue. What control is on the back? I thought the only controls for the loop were the channel volumes... I was told they double as the send levels?

The first two versions were such that the channel volumes doubled as send levels - this is why you might run into trouble with pedals since the clean channel would be really hot due to the volume.

The Revision Blue has a new control on the back...here is what Bogner has to say about it;

Adjustable Loop send. First, this allows you to optimize the effect loops send level into your effect units input, this can prevent overloading of the effect units input and allows you to use a wide range of effect units.

Thus, if you get the Rev Blue, I think you should be in good shape.

• Members

The first two versions were such that the channel volumes doubled as send levels - this is why you might run into trouble with pedals since the clean channel would be really hot due to the volume.

The Revision Blue has a new control on the back...here is what Bogner has to say about it;

Adjustable Loop send. First, this allows you to optimize the effect loops send level into your effect units input, this can prevent overloading of the effect units input and allows you to use a wide range of effect units.

Thus, if you get the Rev Blue, I think you should be in good shape.

hmm, cool. I didn't know that. thanks

• Members

I've heard the uberschall's effects loop sucks with pedals.... I was really interested in buying an uber until this... I use a lot of effects in the loop... delay, reverb, phaser, various modulation effects, decimator noise gate, etc.... so, I really need an amp with an effects loop that works well with pedals. I wanted to ask people who have had experience with it and know what they are talking about. Is it difficult to run pedals in the loop of the uberschall? Can the send and return levels be adjusted well enough? Is it quiet or noisey?

I know of one for sale right now that I could buy... so, the faster any of you can help me out, the better. Did I hear correct in that it's basically a no-go or can it be done well if you're patient and know how to set the controls?

Thanks...
:wave:

I thought the loop was quite good personally, but I only used a Boss DD-20 through it set to line level like rack effects so I can't comment on all the pedals you want to run :)

Archived