what is a good replacement speaker for Fender Stage 185

SnoMan97

• Members

I have an old Stage 185 with a 12" 8 ohm speaker. I was thinking about changing it out. I know this is kind of a broad question but what would be a good replacement? I like to play blues, classic rock, and country both clean and distorted.

• Members

I have an old Stage 185 with a 12" 8 ohm speaker. I was thinking about changing it out. I know this is kind of a broad question but what would be a good replacement? I like to play blues, classic rock, and country both clean and distorted.

Try a Celestion G12T-100. But honestly I think the stock Blue label Fender speaker works pretty well. That amp was not built for over the edge sounds, but the cleans are surely Blackfacey.

• Members

I mainly play blues and rock myself, including the modern rock and at the risk of sounding like a broken record or dare say that I'm :deadhorse: I am going to say SwampThang by Eminence. Its a powerful speaker capable of monster volume but for blues and rock it has the perfect tone. The guy I bought my amp from played blues and bluesrock, kinda Hendricks, SRV, and Jimmy Thackery styles of blues. He chose the SwampThang for the reason of its thick bluesytone. People say it has a lot of bottom end, which it does, but not like some lead on,thats why I describe it as thick/rich, but doesn't drown out the highs or mids. On the contrary its the near perfect balance of all that give them that thick tone.

Archived