Rant : With all hyper technological advances, In the keyboard world we still have ..

minimoog

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by keybdwizrd View Post
Oops, plaid_emu, thanks for reminding me about the Virus TI... I have one of those, too. Same dinky, crappy little screen.

Kudos to Korg for putting large screens on instruments like the M50, and a large COLOR screen on the $999 Krome 61. Apparently it IS possible.... Let's see the other manufacturers follow suit.
yea some are still really screens

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Cords. I hate them.

I would like all my gear (boards, soft synths, rack units, amps, PA, pedals) to work wireless. Maybe use the iPad to configure the routings so I just need a weighted controller, a synth controller, and a bunch of hw or sw modules.

At the gig, call up virtual/physical configurations and associated patches with a gesture on the iPad. Maybe have a box 'o knobs for hands-on tweaking.

• Members

You might think critically about what that even means to compare the progress of medicine and computer technology. The comparison makes no sense at all to me, except as a way for some science popularizer to score some points on TV.

"I once heard that if the field of medicine had developed at the same rate that computer technology has, we wouldn't have cancer, or AIDS, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, etc."

Archived