Non-shredders shred contest (get in this)

JnBroadbent

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:wave:

I am still on
:)

Cool ! I knew I could count on you ! :thu:

Recently I have only been working on that scale passage at the end. I made a backing track with Band-In-A-Box and played that kind of scale sequence up and donw the strings repeating over and over. Each time speeding up the backing.

• Members
Well, I'm here, but I've mostly stopped practicing this. I finally am getting semi-decent at sweeping though
:D

I might come back to this eventually, but for right now, I'm
really
bored of it
:p

word.

Same.

I'm doing many other practice drills and such but I still do these runs at least once a day.

• Members

word.

Same.

I'm doing many other practice drills and such but I still do these runs at least once a day.

Well, I actually do something similar. I don't practice that whole thing these days, instead, I made an exercises out of that long fast scale run at the end.

So I'm playing it to a backing I made going donw and up the strings repeatedly for like 2 minutes or so straight. When I can do that at say 120 BPM I will go back to the whole song and try to put it together.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I can actually play this about 110 bpm right now, I just pulled it out again a few days ago.

EDIT: Just tried it right now, and I can do 120 bpm almost perfectly... :D

I was thinking of starting a second contest as well, actually... We should do some Symphony X :rawk:

EDIT 2: We should do this song

[YOUTUBE]EbOcTzPTcf8[/YOUTUBE]

I know, I know, Guitar Hero, but this was the closest I could find to the actual song on Youtube...

• Members

the real reason i stopped was there was no way for me to record this thing. i practiced the main part for a couple weeks and i ended up stopping when i couldnt find my computer microphone, but since this, i have been practicing tons of stuff at higher speeds on a metronome.

im probably not good enough to nail this though.

• Members

the real reason i stopped was there was no way for me to record this thing. i practiced the main part for a couple weeks and i ended up stopping when i couldnt find my computer microphone, but since this, i have been practicing tons of stuff at higher speeds on a metronome.

im probably not good enough to nail this though.

Once I get my Mesa 2x12 I think I'll record this at 110 bpm... I'm going to need to grab the SM 58 from our practice space too.

So is anyone up for a second contest?

• Members

Once I get my Mesa 2x12 I think I'll record this at 110 bpm... I'm going to need to grab the SM 58 from our practice space too.

So is anyone up for a second contest?

I am down, start a new thread and post it in this one since I hardly browse through amps anymore.

Pick any song like the one you previously posted, sounds really cool.

• Members
I am down, start a new thread and post it in this one since I hardly browse through amps anymore.

Pick any song like the one you previously posted, sounds really cool.

Cool, I think I'll make it later tonight when I have some more time :thu:

I'll suggest the song I posted earlier, but we'll have to see what people want.

Archived