What is acceptable shipping after an e-bay........

TOStudent

• Members

auction win?

1-2 days?

I won an amp last Friday paid that day PP. Received no tracking number I e-mail last night Wednesday and get an e-mail today back saying he just shipped it today Thursday he was sorry but he was waiting for another amp to sell so he had to only make one trip. 60 miles from his place.

I over reacting?

Is 4 days acceptable?

• Members

auction win?

1-2 days?

I won an amp last Friday paid that day PP. Received no tracking number I e-mail last night Wednesday and get an e-mail today back saying he just shipped it today Thursday he was sorry but he was waiting for another amp to sell so he had to only make one trip. 60 miles from his place.

I over reacting?

Is 4 days acceptable?

I think you're OK...especially if its a private seller. I would be annoyed too, but nothing to get to worked up over, especially since he did inform you its been shipped.

If you scroll down to the shipping info on any auction listing, Ebay now allows sellers to specify a "handling time" which gives them a window of time to ship. I don't know if this seller did so, but I've had numerous sellers take anywhere between 1-7 days to ship, and I had no problems so far.

• Members

Sometimes people want to wait for money to clear and I think thats fair. PP isn't the fastest way to get your money instantly electronic money order would be better western union or something.

I say any longer than 5 days unless waiting for a personal check to clear is bull{censored}.

• Members

I'm a freak with both buying and selling

I want info and I want it quick, because I give info...and I give it quick:thu:

no second guessing here, it's common courtesy

that's just me:rolleyes:

I agree I want it and want to know when.

So if he would have shipped Monday I would have had it for this weekend.

Now it says I won't get it until the 5th so no playing it on the 4th when I am off either.

• Members

I pay as soon as teh auction closes, communicate same...expect a quick response...if the response is "I can't ship for 2 or 3 days" ... that's fine..sucks..but that's life...No response is :mad:

Waited a week for a guy to ship my latest purchase..missing the weekend completey and putting it past Jul 4th too..damn UPS are slower than FedEx and more expensive too :mad:

When something buys from me, I communicate immediately, follow up on payment and tell them how, when and where I'm gonna ship and when to expect it.....any delay = immediate communication on my part.

• Members

Yeah I like to see shipping done within three days atleast or even four if they're waiting for paypal to transfer. I've been there, needing to use their payment to ship, but then, a couple years ago PayPal did the transfer to my bank in two days, three tops. What I'm getting sick of is the fact that the mail has been going SLOW!!!! I have had some things take 8 and 9 days to get here from the midwest. Wait, wait, wait, and when your flaming..wait another day or two. I have been chacking ship dates and its been the mail lately.

It makes me wonder if the priority load has been that much heavier now. I know if somethng is marked Priority it gets loaded first, and every thing else gets put in the space thats left.

• Members

My one negative feedback is because I waited 4 days to contact the guy. The amp was actually en route to him but he didn't know, and {censored}ing FLIPPED out. When he finally did get the amp, he said ALL the tubes had gone microphonic, which was bull{censored}..they were all good. I told him maybe a few had during transit. But he wanted an extra $50 to compensate so I told him to {censored} off. Thus my negative feedback. :D

• Members
My one negative feedback is because I waited 4 days to contact the guy. The amp was actually en route to him but he didn't know, and {censored}ing FLIPPED out. When he finally did get the amp, he said ALL the tubes had gone microphonic, which was bull{censored}..they were all good. I told him maybe a few had during transit. But he wanted an extra $50 to compensate so I told him to {censored} off. Thus my negative feedback.
:D

Well you should have contacted him.

However telling him to {censored} off was the right thing to do, unless you shipped the amp with the tubes inside. If that was the case then your an idiot. :lol:

• Members
My one negative feedback is because I waited 4 days to contact the guy. The amp was actually en route to him but he didn't know, and {censored}ing FLIPPED out. When he finally did get the amp, he said ALL the tubes had gone microphonic, which was bull{censored}..they were all good. I told him maybe a few had during transit. But he wanted an extra $50 to compensate so I told him to {censored} off. Thus my negative feedback.
:D

Dude, if it was packed anything like the amp you shipped me then you know he was full of crap:mad:

when you shipped that Splawn, that was the best packing job I'd ever seen:thu:

and fast shipping too:eek:

man...you really wanted to get rid of that amp in a hurry, did'nt you ;)

• Members

best advice if you're the seller, have that amp all boxed up BEFORE you post it on ebay. I had a hell of a time finding one to fit the rectoverb combo. Then the lazy {censored}s at the UPS store said I'd have to find my own box???!!:mad:
This added up to about 3 extra days that the buyer should not of had to deal with.

• Members
best advice if you're the seller, have that amp all boxed up BEFORE you post it on ebay. I had a hell of a time finding one to fit the rectoverb combo. Then the lazy {censored}s at the UPS store said I'd have to find my own box???!!
:mad:
This added up to about 3 extra days that the buyer should not of had to deal with.

I think that's the best right there. Take your pics, then box the amp up all ready to go. That way when someone wins your auction you can EASILY ship it within a day.

I've never sold on Ebay before, but I'm about to sell a couple of amps and that's what I'm gonna do.

• Members

I just sold my G Flex cab on ebay and I did'nt get a check for over a week and a half:mad:

when I finally did get the check I emailed him immediately, thanked him, and sent the cab the next day. I gave him the tracking # and I also gave him a positive feedback even though he took so long and his communication skills sucked.

I tracked the cab and seen that he signed for it on Thurs, so I sent him another email stating that I noticed he recieved the cab and asked him to let me know if everything turned out ok (you cant always trust the guys at fedex).

well...it's Sunday and I have'nt heard back from him. I'd like to spend the money that he sent and feel good about it ya know?? That's all I need is for some guy to come back a week later and say "hey, this cab was damaged"...or something like that:mad:

• Members

I'm a freak with both buying and selling

I want info and I want it quick, because I give info...and I give it quick:thu:

no second guessing here, it's common courtesy

that's just me:rolleyes:

i think that's perfectly fine so long as both parties have a clear understanding of that

if i'm buying something on e bay i'm generally not too picky about how quickly it get shipped out, as long as it's reasonable (4-5 days) if it's something i expect in a hurry, i e mail the seller before bidding asking when it will be shipped out, and explaining the situation

when i sell something i usually try to ship it out within a day or so, especially if the buyer paid quickly...if something comes up where i can't do that, i always explain the situation to the buyer

• Members

I think that's the best right there. Take your pics, then box the amp up all ready to go. That way when someone wins your auction you can EASILY ship it within a day.

I've never sold on Ebay before, but I'm about to sell a couple of amps and that's what I'm gonna do.

the only reason i don't do this, is because sometimes a buyer will have specific questions about something...which would require me to take a close look at the item

i know how picky some guys are about certain things, so i always offer to talk with people on the phone will i've got the guitar/amp in front of me so they can ask me whatever they're concerned about and i can check it out right then and there...even if i know a guitar is in great shape, there could be some little detail i wouldn't have thought of

Archived