did i overheat my cobra? if so is it possibly damaged?!?!?!

metalliviper

• Members

im like freakin out cause i might have overheated my framus cobra

the room we practice in has drywall/spackle dust EVERYWHERe so stupidly i tried covering it so it didnt get dust inside it while my band was practicing.

i take off the cover after about 1- 1 1/2 hours and its reallly hott like not enough to burn me and make me take my hand off the metal but still hot and i started freaking out if i melted anything inside of it

idk if i did, usually at practice my ears get bad so i cant really judge right now if it sounds {censored}ty, but its there now and tomrorow ill go find outt

do u think it could damage the amp internally?? like im freakinout

• Members

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have to worry too much, as long as you didn't experience any volume drops or malfunctions (channel switching, effects loop, whatever), then it'll probably be fine. I wouldn't make a habit out of covering it, though...

And wear earplugs :o

• Members

yeaa im not doing it again, ever
but nothing changed reeally, but im worried something melted internally, do u think it did??? haha im like real nervous so i either need to be calmed down or to be told straight out im {censored}ed

sorry to bother u with my dramatic bull{censored} but if spent too much on this to not worry about it

• Members

im not gonna pretend that im an expert on amps and their components or that i know what {censored} would melt first and at what temperature.

but im gonna guess that if {censored} melted, something would short and set yo ass on fire.

so if you aint on fire, you can probably like oh my god, chill out, oh my god.

then you can rub it tenderly and apologize to it. the amp that is. or whatever else you wanna rub tenderly and be tender with.

• Members
im not gonna pretend that im an expert on amps and their components or that i know what {censored} would melt first and at what temperature.

but im gonna guess that if {censored} melted, something would short and set yo ass on fire.

so if you aint on fire, you can probably like oh my god, chill out, oh my god.

then you can rub it tenderly and apologize to it. the amp that is. or whatever else you wanna rub tenderly and be tender with.

Couldn't have said it more gangsta myself :p

• Members

if it still works fine it's probably ok...i'm guessing the amp should throw a fuse or something before it got hot enough to do any serious damage

couldn't hurt to pop the chassis and look inside, or have a tech check it over if you're really worried tho

• Members

Here is a pretty important question...

Did you try turning it on, to see if it works ok?

Dumbass...

i love people who are thickheaded assholes......make me appreciate nice people mroe

yeaa i was playing it while it was overheated, i just was wondering if a problem will arise soon or if anydamage couldve been done that i wouldnt be aware of right off the bat......it just turing on doesnt mean its fine

so before u go saying dumbass.......attempt to be a tad mature......k?

• Members

Here is a pretty important question...

Did you try turning it on, to see if it works ok?

Dumbass...

most reputable techs would advise you not to turn the amp on untill it's been looked at, if you think there's a serious problem with it

would you drive your car around to find out if it had coolant in it or not?

• Members
i love people who are thickheaded assholes......make me appreciate nice people mroe

yeaa i was playing it while it was overheated, i just was wondering if a problem will arise soon or if anydamage couldve been done that i wouldnt be aware of right off the bat......it just turing on doesnt mean its fine

so before u go saying dumbass.......attempt to be a tad mature......k?

Wait a sec, you played your amp while it was covered? :freak:

Archived