A6 Andromeda Repair, Battery Replacement, with pics

kpatz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It sounded beautiful through my headphones for the like 3 days that it worked while it was in my hands :(

kpatz: Thanks a lot :) I have a good friend who used to live in Boston and I'd come by to visit every once in a while (even saw Rush in NH, I think it was in July 2002). But I haven't gone recently. Thanks for the offer though :)

• Members

Well, still. Considering I only paid like 140 bucks for it, and it's pretty scratched (meaning I won't be able to sell it), unless I can fix it myself, I don't think I'm gonna pay someone to fix it.

Maybe you could give it to someone here that knows how to fix these things.

I thought I knew how to fix things, but I'm still on the learning curve. I have done batteries, displays, keybeds, and power supply caps. However, my JX-3P still has me stymied. (No MIDI out)

I had a D-550 for a short while, and was absolutely impressed with it. But, I made a good profit, and it didn't do much I can't do with my other hardware.

• Members

Not very shiny... with the scratches and all... this rack's been abused.

But, if you want it, be my guest :)

Edit: almost forgot, one of the rack ears was bent and I bent it back to its place. But it doesn't look pretty. There's been no love for this D-550, I almost wanna fix it for that reason alone :cry:

• Members

To Soundwave106: I got an email back from Websense, my site should be recategorized within the next 72 hours. I really need to revamp it though. I only have 2 of my 4 Catz on it and no synth stuff at all.

The problem with the clone chips is that they're all made across the pond, so exchange rate (which is abysmal these days for the US dollar) is a factor. Makes the chips more expensive.

• Members

So, was your problem with the A6 that it wasnt powered on for a long time, and then when you did the patches were all messed up?

because that's exactly what is up with mine...i hadnt powered it up for close to a year, and when i did stuff jumps around, self edits etc

• Members

So, was your problem with the A6 that it wasnt powered on for a long time, and then when you did the patches were all messed up?

because that's exactly what is up with mine...i hadnt powered it up for close to a year, and when i did stuff jumps around, self edits etc

My user bank and global settings would disappear after being powered off for more than a couple hours or so. Essentially the same symptoms as if the backup battery was dead.

Self edits/stuff jumping around could be dirty pots. Or maybe you just need to do a reset. If your battery is going, maybe it's weak but not dead yet. If it was dead, you'd be prompted to calibrate the mod wheel on power up, and the entire user bank would be filled with "Initialized Preset...".

As for the end cheeks, I don't know. They are attached to the top panel. I didn't look to see how they are attached. Looking at the pics, they may be attached with screws on the inside. No strange curves, it's more of an angular look with a flat end.

Archived