Something Jesu inspired (Mark III and Vetta II content)

ItsDeathTime

• Members
I like the auto swell effect sounding thing on the vetta.
:thu:

Oh yea, I forgot, that is actually some Boss multi-effect unit ran direct. The cleans were all done through that. I think our singer was using some cheapie Jackson through it and it sounded pretty cool. He used some sort of whammy effect to get those sounds, I think. I will have to ask him the next time I talk to him. Thanks for listening.

• Members

nice...jk would be proud!

If you like this style you should check out a couple of my friends bands. Very atmospheric, yet heavy and diverse.

I actually am a big Theta fan, and I will check out the other band right now. Are you from Lawrence per chance? My family is from Coffeyville, which isn't all that far away.

• Members

I actually am a big Theta fan, and I will check out the other band right now. Are you from Lawrence per chance? My family is from Coffeyville, which isn't all that far away.

Yup! Good ol' Larryville. Eric from Theta plays guitar in Orion and is helping my instrumental band record guitars for our EP. Hope your family is safe after what has been happening.

• Members

Yup! Good ol' Larryville. Eric from Theta plays guitar in Orion and is helping my instrumental band record guitars for our EP. Hope your family is safe after what has been happening.

Listening to Orion, and I like it a whole lot. They are very good. I can tell one of the dudes from Theta has his hand in it. Very similar styles all around.

My family isn't there anymore, but my cousin did go back to visit last week and said it was a nightmare. All of my family on that side is in Peru, which is a tiny ass town half an hour outside of Coffeyville.

• Members

nice, just needs to be thicker and more massive - make the drums louder, especially the bass and snare, and put a lot of reverb on them. Also make the distorted guitars a bit louder, and add in some bass with fuzz. Then to top it all off put in some nice doomy vocals - preferably low growls, but really anything nice and ambient would work. Overall, :thu:

• Members
nice, just needs to be thicker and more massive - make the drums louder, especially the bass and snare, and put a lot of reverb on them. Also make the distorted guitars a bit louder, and add in some bass with fuzz. Then to top it all off put in some nice doomy vocals - preferably low growls, but really anything nice and ambient would work. Overall,
:thu:

Cool, will try all of those things. I don't have monitors, so any sort of mix advice is greatly appreciated. The vocals won't be the typical cookie monster thing. The singer in my band isn't too keen on those. Bass still needs to be added, so I will keep the fuzz comments in mind. Thanks for listening and the suggestions.

• Members

The riff three quarters of the way in is AWESOME! I dig this a lot.

I agree it needs to be thicker and fuller but I think you're on the right track. Really good stuff.

I wish I had more free time. I'd love to start a side project like this.

• Members

The riff three quarters of the way in is AWESOME! I dig this a lot.

I agree it needs to be thicker and fuller but I think you're on the right track. Really good stuff.

I wish I had more free time. I'd love to start a side project like this.

Wow, thanks for the kind words. I am tinkering around with the thick/full issue right now. It still needs a bass track, which will probably fill it up a little bit more. I may also throw down another track or two of guitars and see what that does. But yea, I think this is the direction my current band will be going in, which is cool. Thanks again.

Archived