Eric Clapton is overrated suckage.

Random Hero

• Members

Clapton has been the shadow of the guitarist he once was since the 70's, but in Cream, he was pretty much the first lead guitar god, and I give him credit for that. It's really a shame how he went downhill and shunned everything that made him the guitar god he was, however we all know he had a good reason for all that. Not many of us would still have the spirits to rock on if we went what he went through.

HE did indeed go through soem rough times that onlyu a few of us could imagine.

If I were him, I would have gone a completely different direction to. Why not? Why do that same {censored} over and over.

Peiople have been saying the same thing about EVH for some time now. In twenty years....his (EVH's) carreer will have mirrored Clapton's.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
HE did indeed go through soem rough times that onlyu a few of us could imagine.

Peiople have been saying the same thing about EVH for some time now. In twenty years....his (EVH's) carreer will have mirrored Clapton's.

Felt real bad for him when he lost his kid, that was really sad. Like a true bluesman, he wrote a song about it. Must be rough performing that song. :cry:

I love Eddie, but I don't know if he's gonna make for +20. I've been through the ringer myself, but cleaned up. It is not easy. There were a lot of complaints about his playing on the last tour, and his NAMM perf was a very telling vid indeed. I could tell he was just noodling, and he sounded like good old ed to me, but what the {censored} was that 'cord up the butt' routine at the end??
:freak:

• Members

To all you Clapton fans it is not that i think he is a poor musican his hits were and are great...but this thread is talking about how he is overrated and personally i feel he is. He didn't write a lot of his hits and i feel that he gets to much credit for being a superb song writer when i feel people should calm down a tad.

• Members

To all you Clapton fans it is not that i think he is a poor musican his hits were and are great...but this thread is talking about how he is overrated and personally i feel he is. He didn't write a lot of his hits and i feel that he gets to much credit for being a superb song writer when i feel people should calm down a tad.

Read the title again.

"overrated suckage"

Nice of you to play the peacemaker...but the fact is...some peopel here just really have no idea what Clapton meant to music, can't appreicate his contributions. And have no interest in understanding it...just abiding by their own ill-conceived and ill-informed impressions.

Well hell..everyone has their prime. Everyone gets old. Some people even PLAN on diverguing fromt hepath, to seek out another aspect or facet of life. As oppsed to many artists who just put out essentially the same thing over and over.

I'll take some of that "overrated suckage" any time now.

• Members

Nice of you to play the peacemaker...but the fact is...some peopel here just really have no idea what Clapton meant to music, can't appreicate his contributions. And have no interest in understanding it...just abiding by their own ill-conceived and ill-informed impressions.

Exactly what contributions do you feel Clapton made (at any point in his career)?

• Members

Thank you for that but i stand by what i said some hits of his were good but they weren't his which is why i feel that he is overrated i respect that you like him but in my opinion he is definately not as good as people say he is. People say he made the les paul and the sg and the strat but quite frankly thats crap he just played the guitars while playing other peoples songs. Except for his Cream years.

• Members

Thank you for that but i stand by what i said some hits of his were good but they weren't his which is why i feel that he is overrated i respect that you like him but in my opinion he is definately not as good as people say he is. People say he made the les paul and the sg and the strat but quite frankly thats crap he just played the guitars while playing other peoples songs. Except for his Cream years.

Not sure I said that I like him.

• Members

Exactly what contributions do you feel Clapton made (at any point in his career)?

Actually...I might have to think for a minute....get my ducks in a row....

However....the fact that you are asking means there isn't anything I could say that would convince you.

• Members

And can you tell me when i said that you did

Originally Posted by donuts.

• Members

SIMBASA
You're confused. It's not that EC doesn't put any effort into his playing. It's that he's so good he makes it look easy. I'd rather watch him stand in one place and make his guitar sing than watch some 3-chord wonder run and jump all over the stage.

• Members

I'm getting in on this pretty late, but one of the things I love about Clapton is that he's one of the few guitar "gods" who know when NOT to play as well as he knows when to play. That's something most people don't understand. Most people are impressed by flashy fast playing all the time (aka wanking), and can't appreciate something with some space and simplicity. Just because you CAN play something flashy, doesn't mean you should.

• Members

I'm getting in on this pretty late, but one of the things I love about Clapton is that he's one of the few guitar "gods" who know when NOT to play as well as he knows when to play. That's something most people don't understand. Most people are impressed by flashy fast playing all the time (aka wanking), and can't appreciate something with some space and simplicity. Just because you CAN play something flashy, doesn't mean you should.

What you are saying (IMVHO) is that Clapton cares more about the music than his ego.

It's music...not guitar playing. Try it sometime.

• Members

i still don't get why everyone hates zakk wylde so much. he doenst suck at all.

yea hes been playing the same stuf for 20 years,but hes still an awesome player. i don't like his attitude but hes a good guitar player and musician.

You think Zakk Wylde is an awesome player and that Clapton sucks.

Kind of nulifies your opinions

• Members

Those who think EC is being shown-up by guest guitarists are wrong. I think he's holding back to showcase the guest performer. He could blow them away if he wanted, but he's being a gentleman and giving the younger player a chance. EC has nothing to prove. He is respected by the greats and his reputation as one of the best remains intact.

Archived