Bored with my Amp and Guitars - get new gear?

Timmott

• Members
thursday uses bogner and vox. underoath blows and has used 5150's and orange... no idea what now.. don't care.... ptw is also pretty crap... they stay pretty low gain too... have heard show reports of them using plexi's and such.... fata also huffs the cack.. but anyways, they use mesa racktifiers.... and dsl migt have more gain than a jcm 800 but it still blows in comparison for a good rock sound... but this guy just wants something to chug on anyways, not a rock tone..

edit: forgot thrice. back in the day way back teppei used a 5150, then a bogner uberschall for a long time, and now is back to using jcm 800's because their newer stuff is more rock and less heavy

man so many haters of the music I like :cry:. guess I shoulda seen it coming though, I know most of you guys around here hate my style of music anyways :p.

anyways thanks for the info

• Members
man so many haters of the music I like
:cry:
. guess I shoulda seen it coming though, I know most of you guys around here hate my style of music anyways
:p

anyways thanks for the info

i love thrice, like underoath, love the newest PTW. but fata kinda sucks dude

• Members

i love thrice, like underoath, love the newest PTW. but fata kinda sucks dude

Have you heard their new album? I thought it was pretty damn good. You like the newest ptw huh? I listened to a couple of their new songs but I just cant get into it as much as their old stuff off of You come before You.

• Members
thursday and thrice are both good bands. they just have a lot of {censored}ty fanbase *cough cough*

{censored}ty fan base? I assume you're the perfect fan huh?

Oh well, I'll keep loving their music and annoying the perfect fans like you :p

• Members

So anyways list of amps to check out:

DSL/TSL
Orange AD140
Framus Cobra

Did I miss anything? Also what might be a good boost for my 50 Caliber if I decide to keep it?

Now I just gotta decide what kind of guitar I want and I'll be on my way. I've been looking at those Edwards for a while now and they seem pretty nice. I'd just have to swap out the Duncans in it first, I dont really like the JB/59 combo (more of an EMG kind of guy. I guess I'll head over to a couple of the nice guitar shops and see what they have around so I can get a feel for what I'm looking for as well. I'm missing the EC-400 I had on loan from a friend, so maybe something along those lines might be worth looking into. Anything I'm looking over in this department? Any sleeper guitars out there I should check out?

• Members

So anyways list of amps to check out:

DSL/TSL

Orange AD140

Framus Cobra

Did I miss anything? Also what might be a good boost for my 50 Caliber if I decide to keep it?

Now I just gotta decide what kind of guitar I want and I'll be on my way. I've been looking at those Edwards for a while now and they seem pretty nice. I'd just have to swap out the Duncans in it first, I dont really like the JB/59 combo (more of an EMG kind of guy. I guess I'll head over to a couple of the nice guitar shops and see what they have around so I can get a feel for what I'm looking for as well. I'm missing the EC-400 I had on loan from a friend, so maybe something along those lines might be worth looking into. Anything I'm looking over in this department? Any sleeper guitars out there I should check out?

Amp list looks good. If you can find any VHT's around, try those out too. Deliverance is a great amp with some great tones that everyone should at least get a round out of.

For boosts, it's very subjective as there are so many out there, but I'd have to give a shout out to the TS-808. I have one now, stock, and boost a Recto with it. Give one a shot if you can, but if you're on the cheap try a Digitech Bad Monkey or a Boss SD-1.

Guitars? If you're an EMG kinda guy, keep an eye out for the Jim Root sig Tele. $900, dual EMGs and a skinny neck similar to a Charvel. Alot of people are digging the white one from the photos.

Archived