JCM 800 question

denimboy

• Members

I have some trouble finding a JCM 800 who would ship to Canada. I want a 2210. It has awesome reviews and it is 100watt (as opposed to the 2205). Also, it has 2 channels which I think would be best for me because I play mostly with my Big Muff's distortion. That means I wouldnt buy a 2203 or 2204 because they're simple channel which is overdriven and I think would sound like crap with the Muff.

It's difficult to describe what I play but I need a loud and dirty sound and I love the Big Muff's sound.

Actually I manage to get a good tone with my JCM 900 + Big Muff + EQ on the clean channel.

Are the 2203 and 2204 too distorted to get the Muff sound good through it? As I said, I use my Muff for main distortion and not only as a fuzz.

thanks

• Members

Generally, the view is that the 2205 and 2210 have more gain than the 2203 and 2204. You would be fine with either one. However, why would you want to use the Big Muff as your main drive? The 800's drive will sound a lot better if it is boosted with the Big Muff, rather than using the BM as your primary drive...

• Members

Well I might use the combination. Right now with 900's overdrive it is way too muddy but I know that the 900 is far from the 800.

So 2210 and 2205 have more gain but are the 2203 & 2204's sound similar ?

Would the Muff in front of a 2203 get as much gain as the 2210 ?

Is the 2210 "clean channel" more like a "Crunch channel" ?

Thanks

Archived