decided on my xmas gift early....

wholenewissue

• Members

I love my MOTIF. You made an excellent choice. You can create some incredible music with it and the sounds are simply amazing! Do yourself a favor and pick up a good pair of headphones if you don't have some already. Here is a playlist keybdwizrd created to demo the MOX6.

That should help drive you crazy until it arrives.

Was that encouraging enough for you? Not sure how much more I can do here before they start throwing things at me.

OH! Almost forgot, here is a great resource you will want to turn to for a number of things that will come up.

www.motifator.com

• Members

thanks ghostpaw,  so i am particularly interested in building songs with great drums and drum fills and such - using the motif to record A, B and C sections and then perhaps dumping into cubase - what is the learning curve for that...and for the machine as a whole - its been many years since ive had a workstation...

• Members

That's been my dream music-making machine ever since I heard it in action on youtube after it came out. It's probably the best-sounding hardware workstation ever made to date (with the exception, perhpas, of the Korg Kronos). The quality of the acoustic instruments (which is personally what I look for first), and starting with the acoustic pianos, is simply incredible.

It is easily the best xmas gift you've offered yourself. Congratulations!:)

Anybody know the majors differences between the XF and the MOXF other than the nearly $2000 price gap between the two? The model nomenclature is weird and confusing even if it suggests a combination of MOX and XF. Right off the bat, I'm going to assume the cheaper model doesn't have aftertouch.

Wholenewissue, here are some XF6 sounds to salivate on. You're sooooo lucky!;)

• Members

Mediterranean wrote:

That's been my dream music-making machine ever since I heard it in action on youtube after it came out. It's probably the best-sounding hardware workstation ever made to date (with the exception, perhpas, of the Korg Kronos). The quality of the acoustic instruments (which is personally what I look for first), and starting with the acoustic pianos, is simply incredible.

It is easily the best xmas gift you've offered yourself. Congratulations!
:)

Anybody know the majors differences between the XF and the MOXF other than the nearly $2000 price gap between the two? The model nomenclature is weird and confusing even if it suggests a combination of MOX and XF. Right off the bat, I'm going to assume the cheaper model doesn't have aftertouch.

Wholenewissue, here are some XF6 sounds to salivate on. You're sooooo lucky!
;)

THanks Med...i looked at the moxf but i want to sequence on it...and therefore i felt i really needed the full slider controls and larger screen....there isnt too much that is different though other then the controller and panel featues...i just got it yesterday...will be going through it tonight with some wine...and tracking tomorrow night with a friend...the organs sound better than i imagined...i got some big future plans with this beauty...

Archived