Fuchs Frost 100 2 channel amp review and Clip.

gainfreak

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They Definitely are lol
:D

The one I have is black and I saw a purple one as well!!
:thu:

I want white but it will just turn yellow after one practice the way my guys are at chainsmoking.. :freak:

I will have one of these by years end and have a CD recorded with it :thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I played a frost 100 today thru a bogner cab, I used a evh charvel and I only got to play it on ch2. Since hearing the clip I was really curious about it, I always like to try out new stuff and this amp is on my list of amps to buy. I really think it has plenty of gain and it wasn't fuzzy either, it was very clear sounding, the amp also had plenty of bass. I think this amp would be awsome for solos and rock music and certain types of metal. I liked it better than most of the mid gain amps I've played. When I rebuild the wall of brutality again I will definately consider this amp.

• Members

I played a frost 100 today thru a bogner cab, I used a evh charvel and I only got to play it on ch2. Since hearing the clip I was really curious about it, I always like to try out new stuff and this amp is on my list of amps to buy. I really think it has plenty of gain and it wasn't fuzzy either, it was very clear sounding, the amp also had plenty of bass. I think this amp would be awsome for solos and rock music and certain types of metal. I liked it better than most of the mid gain amps I've played. When I rebuild the wall of brutality again I will definately consider this amp.

I agree with everything that you are saying. The amp also takes on a different feel and tone as you crank it. its pretty hard to describe but I'm sure that Andy tweaked the power section to be extremely responsive.

Channel II has more of a scoop to it and Channel 1 is better for the classic rock stuff. its a cool amp for sure!

Im working on a shred clip as we speak. I had it finished but I didn't like how it came out (not because of the amp but becuase of my recording skills or lack of them!!)

Im going to re-record everything hopefully this weekend!

~R~

• Members

Ralph, as usual the playing is great, and the tone is {censored}ING AMAZING. That sounds great! You pulled some {censored}ing cool sounds out of that thing. Your playing is even scarier than I remember it being, too.

Thanks so much!

How the heck have you been? Long time no speak! I hope all is well!

Ralph

• Members
about time! i always dig your stuff

did you use the axetrak for that?

You are way to kind !

I did not use the Axetrak for that, I actually miked up the amp in my condo and recorded it at loud TV volumes! I was worried that I was going to piss off the neighbors but my neighbor said that she didn't hear a thing. I was happy that I did not get one complaint :D

• Members
Has some nice clearity to it! You a sick man Ralph. What effects did you use.

Sup Brother!

I used Chorus on the clean sound and a hair of plate verb on the rhythm guitars. The lead had the same plate verb and I added a delay just because I like...delay :D

• Members

ahhh

i've been curious about the axetrak for a while, some of your clips with it sound really great, but the ones on their site are kinda disappointing...that's a monstrous tone for a low volume clip!

The Frost has a great master volume and it is a HUGE sounding amp. My MKIV is pretty much the same way (great at low volumes and huge sounding!)

The axetrak kills IMHO. There is so much that you can do with it!The only negative thing that I can say is that it can be a bit boxy sounding but that is inherent in any iso cab that I have heard.(IMHO) I have one clip on the axetrak site and I plan on doing more. I haven't had time to record at all this summer!

I am recording a Shred Frost clip for Andy Fuch and I hope to be done with it soon. Id love to hear what you think.

• Members
HOLY HELL!!! That has got to be one of the top 3 if not THE best tone i've ever heard. I LOVE that hot-rodded marshall tone, and this just nailed exactly what i love. Awesome playing too man, your a great guitar player.

I bow to the tone god
:)

Cheers
:thu:

Thanks so much 5th!

Im a HUGE fan of hot rodded tones and this sucker does it in spades.

Archived