Any one want to see photos of a 64th DR made??

MrSandMan

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
That's kind of like buying a '59 Tweed Bassman and thinking you got a steal.....and then finding out from a knowledgeable Fender guy that the chassis sits in a new cabinet and has had the caps and resistors replaced, etc.

Actually, the title of the thread should have been:

"Anyone want to see what I think is potentially the 64th DR chassis made sitting inside of a new head box with new knobs????"

It doesn't have new knobs :wave:

• Members

True. But I have dealt with Bluntage a bunch of times... He is a perfectionist, totally! He keeps all his {censored} nice and neat and perfected. That's just his character.

My question is then, if he keeps all his {censored} nice and neat and perfected, why would he have needed the new headshell anyways? I have no doubt you got what you paid for, but that absolutely will hurt the resale value of the head later on down the road.

• Members
Must have not been the holy grail:D

The way I see it is I have over $7k in just guitar amps alone. I don't need that many guitar amps...

However, this one is bringing me over $1000 profit. I'd be dumb not to sell.

Is there any such thing as "holy grail" amp? :lol:

All have good points and bad points. This one has many good points, mainly a easy $1k profit!!! :thu:

• Members

My question is then, if he keeps all his {censored} nice and neat and perfected, why would he have needed the new headshell anyways? I have no doubt you got what you paid for, but that absolutely will hurt the resale value of the head later on down the road.

It's a 1992, I didn't see the original headshell. Probably had a 1mm scuff next to the rubber foot, known him. lol

doesn't matter, i went ahead and accepted the $24k offer. The amp is sold, money order had been shipped.

• Members

Didn't the originally use pointer knobs, too, and not the round ones they use now?

I had a '92 Blackface in the 1500's that had round knobs. Black for the channel controls and chrome for the master volume.

I thought the "pointer" knobs were put on in the mid-late 90's and then switched back to the regular round knobs.

• Members

It's a 1992, I didn't see the original headshell. Probably had a 1mm scuff next to the rubber foot, known him. lol

doesn't matter, i went ahead and accepted the $24k offer. The amp is sold, money order had been shipped.

$24,000?!?!? You're dreaming.

• Members

2400 seems like a lot to pay for that amp to be honest, its cool that you made a profit, I do it all the time and don't blame you for making 1000 because that's a lot of cash.
But even if it is from the first 100 rectos its still alot, the buyer must have really wanted that amp I guess.

• Members
who cares
:rolleyes:

How about the title reading:

"Anyone want to see what I think is potentially the 64th DR chassis made sitting inside of a new head box with new knobs, non original power, rectifier, preamp tubes, which have been changed to JJ. And has possibly a non original head shell slip cover, and foot switch, and who the {censored} knows.. maybe some changed pots too... ????"

You're an idiot
:rolleyes:

Re-read the entire thread and NOTE "I know exactly what I have" I know the original owner.

Read before posting, makes you look ignorant.
:idea:

Actually, guys that understand vintage and older amps, understand the desire to get their hands on pieces that have not been bastardized, swapped out and changed in any way.

The title of your thread is extremely misleading, because your "64th" DR is simply just a watered down and non-original version of the 64th DR made. It's not even close to being original.

Look at it this way..... If I knew Leo Fender years ago and he gave me a 1959 Tweed Bassman........ But the amp had a new cabinet, new speakers, new pots, new caps, new resistors, and new-production tubes..... I probably would not brag about it being an "original" 1959 Bassman just because I knew Leo.

Know what I mean?

:thu:

• Members
Actually, guys that understand vintage and older amps, understand the desire to get their hands on pieces that have not been bastardized, swapped out and changed in any way.

The title of your thread is extremely misleading, because your "64th" DR is simply just a watered down and non-original version of the 64th DR made. It's not even close to being original.

Look at it this way..... If I knew Leo Fender years ago and he gave me a 1959 Tweed Bassman........ But the amp had a new cabinet, new speakers, new pots, new caps, new resistors, and new-production tubes..... I probably would not brag about it being an "original" 1959 Bassman just because I knew Leo.

Know what I mean?

+832,245 yes, that's 832.245K!

• Members
I'm very excited. My pre-500 Dual Recto came in today. I did the impossible and got my hands on one of the most sought after, rarest boogies on the market! The 64th Recto MADE!!!!
:cool:

This amp is FLAWLESS one owner that looks as if it was just shipped brand new from Mr. Mesa and Mr. Boogie themselves. Not even a smudge on this head.

Brand new Set of JJ 6L6s, JJ 12AX7s, and JJ Rectifiers

Cover, footswitch, manual. This had to be a score of a lifetime!

Before the amp had even arrived on my doorstep, I was offered THOUSANDS of dollars more than I had paid for it!!!

I'm thinking about taking it
:freak:

SEE PICTURES HERE

Enjoy!

im not interested in seeing number 64. if you have 63 or 65 then we can talk about seeing photos :p

• Members
From the way the thread was titled, it sounded to me like I was going to see a mint, all original, 92 Rectifier.

That's not what I saw.

May be a great sounding amp, but the thread was misleading.

Do you want your money back there champ? Life must be so ruff for you... How dare you take precious time out of your day, energy from your finger tip to click that tiny button on your mouse... just to see photos of a (NON-VINTAGE) amp with an updated brand new headshell....

Go cry home to mommy, wahhhhhhhhh :cry:

EDIT: Now I'm heading off to go enjoy this #64 Recto and saviour the tone... before that $2400 Money Order gets here. I'm so glad the new buyer understands that this amp isn't "vintage"... it's a pure tone monster.... exactly why anyone would buy these.

• Members
Woah! Since when is a 1992 "vintage" huh, sport?
I'm still waiting to see anyone copy and paste where I said this amp is "original"

Waiting......

The title says exactly what it is, #64 made. Yes sir, that's number R064. Take the corncob out of your ass....and deal with it
:)

Do you want your money back there champ? Life must be so ruff for you... How dare you take time out of your day, energy from your finger tip to click that tiny button on your mouse... just to see photos of a (NON-VINTAGE) amp with an updated brand new headshell....

Go cry home to mommy, wahhhhhhhhh
:cry:

Sorry. Thought I was allowed to post my opinion on a forum.

Very mature post MrsandMan

• Members

Making unintelligent assumptions.

Copy and paste where I said this amp was original. And back up your worthless assumption.

Since when is a 1992 a vintage like all you people are claiming?

As far as maturity level goes, I'm just trying to help you understand... how else can I relate with you? You already made ignorant assumptions.

• Members

sell the amp and get more guitar lesson..

this thread is LOL

^Yet another poster who wishes to deflect from the purpose of the thread. How he must live a miserable life. I was more concerned with getting my recording equipment right than hitting notes on the guitar. It was for general purposes of tone... not for skill judgement.

Some people will tear apart everything right down to, as little as grammar, if they can't find something else to spread their disease... IndianScout just proved that.

Archived