Any one want to see photos of a 64th DR made??

MrSandMan

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Won't disagree with you there, but he definitely seems to know what he's talking about.

I think what triggered my opinion of him was how came off as an ass, and as if I had be "screwed"... and those are not pictures of the amp.

I took those pictures myself 1 hr and 45 minutes ago.

"YOU GOT SCREWED!!!

THAT CANNOT BE A PIC OF THE AMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMPOSSIBLE!!!"

That's what made me lose respect for that member. He could had displayed a bit more class.

I know exactly what I have... The original owner (who I know) had told me the entire history of the amp since day one. He's very anal about his gear and keeps everything perfect. The amp has very low hrs as he didn't play much. I can even tell you what store he had purchased the amp.

I paid less for this amp than you can buy a used beat up Dual Recto on eBay. Before the amp arrived to my door, I had over a $1000 offer for what I paid for the amp.

I didn't get screwed as this self proclaimed "mesa guy" had suggested.

That was my point

• Members

No, the originals had the round knobs, then they switched to the pointer ones in the mid 90s or so.

They where round at first then went pointy in the mid's 90's and back to round in '98 where they have stayed

96 & 97 have pointy for sure and possibly 95...

• Members
For being a self proclaimed "mesa guy" seems you would know that head shell isn't original...

Also a self proclaimed "mesa guy" would know that the chassis is, in fact, #64.

Just food for thought.

Again, how did I get screwed?
:freak:

WHAT???

I CANT HEAR YOU???

RE-READ MY POST PLEASE!!!

Teh amp is not 10000000000% original...

So if this does not matter to you then big deal (it totaly will to a real Mesa Boogie collector though)....

Your post came off like it came out of the box all original and it is not the orginal head shell it shipped with from the factory thats all...

The original ower changed the head box at some time...

If you PAID for an all original 100% 1992 amp you did not GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!!

That means you got SCREWED!!!

Also why would an amp that old HAVE A NEW HEAD SHELL???

hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........?????????????

Peace Out Bro Hamster!!!

WOoT!!!

xgx

• Members

YOU GOT SCREWED!!!

THAT CANNOT BE A PIC OF THE AMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMPOSSIBLE!!!

I'm a mesa guy and I had the like 142nd recto EVAR MADE and THE TOLEX IS TOTALY DIFFERNT AND THE LOGO IS MUCH SMALLER ON THE OLDER ONES!!!

The large logo came on the amps arounf 1995...

Also the bar comes off with twisting style wing nuts not screws and the back of the headshell where the bars is cut out differntly

sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

The chassis might be from #64 but no way in HELL the headshell is...

xgx

why are you using caps?

• Members

WHAT???

I CANT HEAR YOU???

RE-READ MY POST PLEASE!!!

So if this does not matter to you then big deal (it totaly will to a real collector though)....

Your post came off like it came out of the box all original and it is not the original head shell it shipped with from the factory that's all...

Thanks!!!

xgx

Copy and Paste where I said the amp is 100% original. I don't recall saying that or suggesting that. I think you're overreacting to NOTHING!!!!

Also, for the love of god, please tell me how I got screwed..? cause that statement puzzles the hell right out of me.

Seriously, I want you to answer these questions....

• Members
They where round at first then went pointy in the mid's 90's and back to round in '98 where they have stayed

96 & 97 have pointy for sure and possibly 95...

Yeh, I forgot to add that they changed them back to round knobs in the late 90s, right before the 3ch models debuted?

They must have realised how ghey they look and decided they should change them back :p

• Members

So if this does not matter to you then big deal (it totaly will to a real collector though)....

The guy who wants it for $2400 is only using it for his studio.. he isn't a collector.

I may or may not sell it. It's a really nice amp.

However, I really wish the guy who sold it to me had kept the orginal headshell, it had a tear in the tolex, so he told mesa to throw it away.

{censored}, I'd love to have the parts off the shell... feet, handle, face, logo, etc... but he didn't care.

He also threw away all the tubes because he didn't like them. I never throw stuff away.. I have a basement full of stuff that i keep around for "just in case"

• Members

Copy and Paste where I said the amp is 100% original. I don't recall saying that or suggesting that. I think you're overreacting to NOTHING!!!!

Also, for the love of god, please tell me how I got screwed..? cause that statement puzzles the hell right out of me.

Seriously, I want you to answer these questions....

Here you go... re-read your own post

This amp is FLAWLESS one owner that looks as if it was just shipped brand new from Mr. Mesa and Mr. Boogie themselves

You make it very clear you bought the 64 recto ever made and its flawless

Also you clearly state it looks like it was JUST shipped brand new from Mesa which would clearly also indicates or leads one to think it is 100%original...

Reading your description paints a picture that just is not...

It is still a very nice amp and I dig it!

• Members

It does look as if it was shipped brand new. Not brand new in 1992, but brand new in 2007.

It was a 1 owner. I am owner #2.

Flawless according to Dictionary dot com:

Being entirely without flaw or imperfection.

I don't think a brand new headshell = "imperfection".

And never have I stated in the Original Post that I was a collector. So for me, a new headshell is not imperfection.

The picture painted was written exactly to fit ME as the owner, not YOU as a looker!

I think you are reading too much into nothing.

The amp isn't even vintage... it's a pre500 which are popular for their tone, inside parts, not how original the shell and tubes are...

Oh, that's another thing, the head is not original either because it has JJs in it... that which was clearly state in the first post.

Just enjoy life man, don't stress out over nothing... it's amp to make music, not jerk off on.

• Members
Here you go... re-read your own post

This amp is FLAWLESS one owner that looks as if it was just shipped brand new from Mr. Mesa and Mr. Boogie themselves

You make it very clear you bought the 64 recto ever made and its flawless

Also you clearly state it looks like it was JUST shipped brand new from Mesa which would clearly also indicates or leads one to think it is 100%original...

Reading your description paints a picture that just is not...

It is still a very nice amp and I dig it!

+ :thu:

But i hate rectos anyway...so what do i know.:wave:

• Members
It does look as if it was shipped brand new. Not brand new in 1992, but brand new in 2007.

It was a 1 owner. I am owner #2.

Flawless according to Dictionary dot com:

I don't think a brand new headshell = "imperfection".

And never have I stated in the Original Post that I was a collector. So for me, a new headshell is not imperfection.

The picture painted was written exactly to fit ME as the owner, not YOU as a looker!

I think you are reading too much into nothing.

The amp isn't even vintage... it's a pre500 which are popular for their tone, inside parts, not how original the shell and tubes are...

Oh, that's another thing, the head is not original either because it has JJs in it... that which was clearly state in the first post.

Just enjoy life man, don't stress out over nothing... it's amp to make music, not jerk off on.

I hear ya bro!

Sorry for the confusion...

But hey, you did say you bought the 64th recto ever made when in actuality you only bought "two thirds" of the 64th recto ever made!

:thu:

Archived