Jcm800 vs Jubilee - which do I want?

surfcat

• Members

The 2553's are what are meant to go with the 2x12. The 2553's are smaller than the 2550's and 2555's. He has a 2555 or 2550 I dont remember. the 2550's are 50 watts, the 2553's are 50 watts and the 2555's are 100 watts. Hope this cleared things up.

Thanks-that's what I needed to know.

• Members

I'm a little confused with all the Jcm800 models and the amount of gain they actually have. Is a boost essential to get hard rock distortion at lower levels on all of them or just the single channel ones? Does the 50w break up much easier at lower volumes than the 100w? Just not sure which model to look for. I don't need stadium level volume-just small clubs or outside party type gigs so 50w should be enough-would I need a pedal for that to get GnR level distortion?

2203/04's (100W and 50W), single channel and will need a boost pedal for what you want.

2210/05 two channel, no boost pedal needed.

50W versions are very loud. All are 'master volumes' so dirt at lower volumes is no problem, really.

• Members
iv never played a 2210...are the single channels really better or is it mostly corksniffing?

Corksniffing.

My bro has a 2210, I've got a 2203 and I've a 2555 here at the moment, too (:D).
One or all may need a service/tubes, but gain wise, 2203 lowest, 2555 next and 2210 most.
2555 feels looser, then 2203, 2210 tightest...
But they all just sound like a good Marshall should. More difference in the feel, if y'know what I mean...
If you fail to sound good on any of these amps you need to put the guitar down and walk away from it :D

• Members

2203/04's (100W and 50W), single channel and will need a boost pedal for what you want.

2210/05 two channel, no boost pedal needed.

50W versions are very loud. All are 'master volumes' so dirt at lower volumes is no problem, really.

Disagree....all 800s get a lot of their sound from the power section and sound fantastic cranked..... however at low volumes....(below about 4 - which is still loud as hell) they don't sound great IMO....but i LOVE them!

Archived