Best 2x12 cabinet for hiwatt.. poll

upsilonkng

• Members

Yeah i would love to but first finding a hiwatt one is insane, i've never seen one i n person ever and i've not seen one for sale in like 5 years, can't imagine what that'll cost... sound city would be cool but like the hiwatts i've not seen one. thanks though

• Members

I have a G-Flex and, as others will probably tell you, it has PLEANTY of bass.

Another great cab company is Basson Sound. Kindof an unknown...

I have heard alot of good things about Port City too.

Again, I own the G-Flex, so I would say go with that. I love mine. And the clean tones are mindblowing!

• Members

do you guys really think the Avatars would have as much bass as the G-flex? they seem like knockoffs of the 1936 marshalls? Hiwatt cabs have tons and tons of bass and anytime you put them next to a marshall it just destroys. I would love something along these lines but a 2x12. Has anyone had problems w/ the ports in the gflex singing? whistling?

• Members

Reeves, maybe?

I looked into those as an Alternative. The 4x12 has a Screwed back, so I am assuming the 2x12 does too. Speakers screwed into the back too.

They are great cabinets in themselves, but not a Hiwatt Design.

Believe it or not, the Line 6 Flextone 2x12 is a identical constructed CAb as the Hiwatt. It sounds awesome with V30's. Problem is that it is Particle board.

That is what got me to investigate similar cabs, but with quality materials.

Archived