The real reason for Metallica's downfall...

tomresurrection

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't have beef with any of the other Metallica albums but that one. In fact, I really like a lot of their studio material. So, I agree.

okay cool were in agreement here

for a minute i thought you were including load, reload, etc

but yeah st anger definately is not worthy of bearing the name metallica

• Members

+abrazierreion on if you dont feel it you wont get it.

almost all the songs on st anger i can relate to very closely with my life. which is why i love that album. theres other personal reasons why i like that album and why some kind of monster helped me in a dark period of my life but you people are too shallow when it comes to reality so i wont bother.

• Members

+abrazierreion on if you dont feel it you wont get it.

almost all the songs on st anger i can relate to very closely with my life. which is why i love that album. theres other personal reasons why i like that album and why some kind of monster helped me in a dark period of my life but you people are too shallow when it comes to reality so i wont bother.

thats cool if you personally connected with the album, but strictly musically speaking, assuming lyrics dont matter, i really felt like it was a pile

• Members

i am too

but im so self concious about my lyrics that no one ends up hearing them most of the time

so i end up focusing on music

lol, that is the hardest part of writing worthwhile lyrics, really. You've just got to constantly remind yourself that people are listening to the music, and only a handful of people (other musicians, usually) are dissecting your every word.

• Members

what "downfall"? even st anger, the "experiment", sold well over a million copies. in the age of illegal downloading even! they still sell out arena after arena everywhere they go anywhere on the planet. their record sales in total are literally mind blowing when you think about it. millions upon millions.

some {censored}in' downfall.

• Members

I wouldn't care, except that the scene really reminds me of trying to teach riffs to some people who just can't get it. It's so {censored}ing irritating!
:mad:

it really is. you just wanna grab kirk by his shirt collar and scream WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT. ARE YOU RETARDED OR WHAT.

you can see why i'm a horrible teacher. zero patience.

• Members

what "downfall"? even st anger, the "experiment", sold well over a million copies. in the age of illegal downloading even! they still sell out arena after arena everywhere they go anywhere on the planet. their record sales in total are literally mind blowing when you think about it. millions upon millions.

It's hard to stop a runaway train, even if it is old and has cut it's hair. :wave:

• Members

long hair is nice on chicks.

plus kirk is balding, he needs to cut that {censored} again before he gets into skullet territory.

I have the sneaking suspicion that he went with hair plugs.

If he rocks the skullet, he could form a supergroup with Devin Townsend and Pickles.

1053456450_s.jpg

• Members

{censored} yeah, slayer is thinking of hanging it up. the last album sold what, a thousand copies to date?

• Members

think about it, being a young thrash rocker who drinks like a muther {censored}er. angry pissed off. now you take that dude and give him everything and anything he wants. his buddy gets killed in a horrible bus accident. now instead of hanging up the music and getting his head straight, he drinks MORE. whos gonna tell him to stop drinking when his friend had just been randomly killed??!?

Its like roger waters, he was sick of the success, which ment playing large outdoor festivals to a bunch of idots who want to hear one song, and a actual fans mixed in. He felt guilty about leaving syd behind and basically stealing floyd and the success and replacing him with gilmore.

Its got to be pretty hard to be in the public eye so much, with you tube and {censored}. They were talking about how beyonce fell flat on her face during a performance, and it was on youtube. on CNN for christs sakes! this is NEWS???

Everyone makes mistakes, everyone is weak. Unless you are a puritan... I'm sure if half of you guys had a chance to audition for metalica to replace hammet, they'd laugh you out of there.

I've never liked Lars tho! I'm sure metallica would be a garage band tho if it wasnt for his connections... that would be something funny right there. at least cliff might be alive...

mullets galore

• Members

Great band.

And yeah kirk was havin a bad day so what.

And Lars? even on ride the lighting he was rollin on doubles.

So people say he cant play, what losers. Hell even the

machine head drummer said its differen when you sit

down to learn it... It is a unique style of playing and

the guy has the skills.

You people are gay.:bor:

• Members

Nobody expects them to rehash Masters or Ride the Lightning but jesus christmas you cant say in all honesty St. Anger wasnt utter {censored}.

All we ask is put a decent product out , James is way out of tune , the guitars sound like balls .

I rather have load and reload then that Abortion that was St. Anger. jeeze

Archived