Found this in my E-mail...thought I'd share

• Members

Hi!

Got you email address from Taxi's musicians site. My name is Jennie McBride and I am the director of the MOVA Arts Festival held in beautiful Lake Guntersville Alabama. I want to invite you to submit your song(s) to the songwriters' competition portion of this event. It is open to all songwriters and will be a weekend packed with opportunities to:

1) Win part of a total of over $4,000 in cash and in-kind awards

2) Be eligible for paid performance opportunities if you are a selected semi-finalist.

3) Have your work heard by a distinguished panel of judges made up of successful songwriters and music professionals.

4) Network with musicians, studio representatives and other professionals.

5) Attend an "Art Bash" a gala party for participants, judges and other movers and shakers in the music business.

6) Attend workshops * critiques by established songwriters

We have 14 different genres for songwriters and composers.

You can get an e-mail version entry form by replying to this e-mail. You can also request for us to send you a hard copy information packet with information on workshops and other activities. (Recommended) Just e-mail us your land mail address. The postmark deadline is July 8. The actual festival will take place here in Lake Guntersville, September 20 - 22, 2002.The festival will also include a visual art marketplace, children's activities and performances by our esteemed panel of judges.

This event is sponsored in part by the Alabama State Council on the Arts, the NEA. We have advisors from NSAI and the Songwriters' Guild. Many music professionals will be in attendance and/or will serve on the judging panels.

Sincerely,

Jennie McBride

Mountain Valley Arts Council

300 Gunter Avenue

Guntersville, AL 35976

256-582-1454

FAX: 256-582-1418

Archived