Amp Story

Demonofthefall

• Members

Dear HCAF,

I've been dating my InVader 150 for a couple of weeks now. At first, it was a dream come true; we were so happy ... I could spend hours tickling her knobs and making her scream with my Jackson. On the third date, she even let me use her FX loop ... woah there's an extra knob back there !

As days went by, I started to wonder ... is this really the tone I'm looking for ? Yes I'm still crazy about channels 2 and 4 but there are things with the two others I have grown to dislike a little. I realize I'm not ready yet for life commitment to my InVader and am starting to think, maybe I could cheat on her a little ... and maybe she can do better than me. But I don't want to break up now though, she wouldn't take it ... and I want more time to try dirtier stuff with channel 3 ... and channel 4 is so much fun.

So I was thinking maybe going after a Mark IV, a Road King II or a VHT.

I like the tightness and aggressiveness of my sweet Engl but I might like something that is voiced with more mids. So HCAF, if you happen to have one of these for sale, please let me know ... I might buy it. If I end up liking it more, I'll sell the Invader and hopefully won't loose too much money

... and tell me HCAF, am I doing the right thing ?

• Members

Dear HCAF,

I've been dating my InVader 150 for a couple of weeks now. At first, it was a dream come true; we were so happy ... I could spend hours tickling her knobs and making her scream with my Jackson. On the third date, she even let me use her FX loop ... woah there's an extra knob back there !

As days went by, I started to wonder ... is this really the tone I'm looking for ? Yes I'm still crazy about channels 2 and 4 but there are things with the two others I have grown to dislike a little. I realize I'm not ready yet for life commitment to my InVader and am starting to think, maybe I could cheat on her a little ... and maybe she can do better than me. But I don't want to break up now though, she wouldn't take it ... and I want more time to try dirtier stuff with channel 3 ... and channel 4 is so much fun.

So I was thinking maybe going after a Mark IV, a Road King II or a VHT.

I like the tightness and aggressiveness of my sweet Engl but I might like something that is voiced with more mids. So HCAF, if you happen to have one of these for sale, please let me know ... I might buy it. If I end up liking it more, I'll sell the Invader and hopefully won't loose too much money

... and tell me HCAF, am I doing the right thing ?

I'd go for the Mark IV!! Great amp!!

• Members

OK.

How frequently do Mark IV's pop in here and how much should I expect to burn for a mint used one ?

I know someone here has a used Road King II for sale; but I think it's slightly overpriced ... still I'm wondering if it's wise to let it go. I could test one in a store not too long ago and was impressed. I really like the progressive linkage stuff.

Archived