song to play at end of gig?

stonedmonkey

• Members

it would probably depend on the audience and the venue but here are some that might do well if you pull them off - "Where is My Mind?" by the Pixies, "All Apologies" by Nirvana, "What I Got" by Sublime, "Self-Esteem" by The Offspring; that's obviously for a younger audience.

For everything else, Stairway to Heaven, All Along the Watchtower (and anything else by Hendrix really), Born on the Bayou and Fortune Son by CCR, "Johnny B. Goode" - Chuck Berry.

stonedmonkey - you're in Cheshire, Ct ? i was just up there for spring break to see my cousin. are you going to school around there ?

• Members

Our band does God Of Thunder(KISS) into Immigrant Song(Zep) -

We do it very metal and tongue in cheek. It's fun as hell to play and silly. People go crazy. My lead guitarist plays the high Robert Plant vocal at the beginning of each verse the "AH-ah-ah-ah-ahs" and I sing it death metal style.

It rocks.

• Members

Actually, my band usually closes with one of our rowdiest songs...

Oh, wait, you want a cover song, right? (seems kinda odd in the songwriting forum, but I can ignore that...)

One of my all-time favorite show-closing-covers is Talking Heads' "Burning Down The House"...it's fun, funky, people know the words, and you get to jam out the ending!

• Members

Originally posted by stonedmonkey

Does anybody know of a song to play at the end of a gig. You know the slow kind which everyone waves there arms to.

example- Free bird by Lynard Skynard

Depends what type of gig you're doing. When I was in an industrial outfit, we would end with our most morbidly depressing song just to leave on a heavy note. It also made it impossible for any band to go on after us. :)

But most of the time you want something that will have impact and will make people remember your band. it's your last chance to impress someone, so make it count.

• Members

Time warp from rock horror will always bring the house down..

:D - The heavier the better..I've done this in about 3 bands i've been in and the results were unbelievable..

oh well just MHO...

ps. get one of your g/fs to do the fast squeeky voice part,

• Members

I think we usually do a slower song so the crowd settles down and prepares to go home. However the song should be recognizable so the people feel satisfied. maybe something like Knockin on Heaven's Door, or a minor blues. This way we can get our gear packed up and get home also.

Archived