Vintage Silverface Fenders

EveryMn

• Members

Good response/questions from skipstar59. It's kind of hard to know how to answer the original post without more info. However, I recently bought a vintage silverface Fender Vibro Champ in decent condition for $300. I've since put in a Weber speaker and new tubes and it sounds great, although it breaks up a bit earlier than I would like - however that's exactly why some people buy them. But it's a great little amp if you don't need a lot of volume.

• Members

What kind of music do you play and how would you be using it. Would you use it to play clean or would you use overdrive and FX pedals with it.?How loud are going to play? Are you playing out live or are you a bedroom player?

General classic rock.

Using it for home use mainly.

Mostly clean.

Moderate volume.

No gigs.

• Members

I bought a 1972 non mv Silverface Super Reverb last year. Has some of the best clean tones that I've ever heard. It starts breaking up when you bring up the volume around 4. It breaks up nicely for some bluesy tones. I mainly play it for jazzy tones. It sounds great with the neck mini-humbucker on my 1973 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe.

Archived