Pre/Power/Cab recommendations

perceive

• Members

Yeah I agree that price for the head alone is ludicrous.
I'd thought about getting one second hand from o/s - and eventually will I suspect.. I have no issues with running a step down transformer... the main inhibition I have is paying the damned taxes..
Can you remember if the amp had a tariff or was it just customs fees and GST?

Cheers!

• Members
That it sounds awesome is CERTAIN... I just meant that to get that MKIV simul-Class factor, the mesa poweramp would be in order.
:thu:

As a rule of thumb, how have you found the simul class to affect things? Just curious really as most descriptions on the web seem pseudo mystical... I am just after a first hand difference of the difference between a simul-class power amp, a non simul-class mesa, and a more generic power amp.
I know these types of generalisations are tough, but someones gotta ask these questions and it might as well be me ;)

• Members
As a rule of thumb, how have you found the simul class to affect things? Just curious really as most descriptions on the web seem pseudo mystical... I am just after a first hand difference of the difference between a simul-class power amp, a non simul-class mesa, and a more generic power amp.

I know these types of generalisations are tough, but someones gotta ask these questions and it might as well be me
;)

It gives the tone a fat, rounder, almost fat-cheeked dizzy gillespie, push

• 1 month later...

Archived