wolfspider

• Members

Here i am again :blah:

I was watching a few videos on youtube of the mighty bogner uberschall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUXoj3AQjzQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGyXh1rwCtc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4PeXHgshtQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iRPGOg9tLw

A lot of people say that this is like a recto but with a real gain channel, however, a lot of people say this amp is not tight and that is not the best deal "price-sound"...but this have a creamy tone that i like.

Anyway...here's a video of the Rivera Ktre:

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/rivera_knucklehead_tre_head

I like this amp a lot, is not that creamy but it have balls enought to win a war by itself

I don't know if it is just me or what but this 2 sound pretty much similar so this is the question:

Would be a good idea to buy the Ktre (less expensive) or it would be a million times better idea to get the uber?

P.S. I'm in the army so i can't go and try this amps at the store (we have a band to rise the spirit of the boys) so you're my only reference...:idk:

• Members

I love both amps.

But to me...the difference between the Tre and UBer is like the difference between American and European metal. Euro metal has always been a little sweeter..Americans have always been a little grittier. THe Tre is kinda cowboy style...the Uber is more refined.

mmmm well i'm more into the euro metal, i had no doubt about the Tre but now i don't know

• Members

well i love my uber with a passion, thats my video up there! but i'm probably going to be getting a tre soon as well, totally different amps, the tre reminds me of a rectifier, except good

What would you say it's the best of the uber compared to the Tre?

i know what you're saying, i have a Dual recto and it's cool but sometimes is kind of boring, the sound is always the same, it doesn't matter what you're playing and it gets muddy real quick so if the Tre is the same i want to stay away from that.

• Members

I think I found some on this board in a thread that also had links to a bunch of bands that recorded with KTre's.

The Ktre and Uber sund totally different to me.

I tried to find those clips but the search engine sucks.

Maybe i have serious problems with my ears because everybody says they sound totally different.

• Members

I owned both at the same time, have gigged and recorded with both. I think the Tre is easier to dial in, and has a better FX loop for sure (at least better than the v2 Uber I had). The Tre doesn't have that super subsonic low end like the Uber, but its pretty heavy nonetheless. The Uber was darker and more smooth sounding, whereas the Tre can be a lot more bright. It is my opinion that leads are easier to play, and sound better on the Rivera.

Better amp? I don't know, they are so very different. I sold my Uber as I needed to fund something and it had the right value - the Bogner is obviously more expensive than the Tre. I still have the Rivera and dig it very much. I'd like to try a Revision Blue Uber...but between the V2 and the Tre, I sort of like the Rivera for what I do but I'd love to have another Uber.

• Members

if price was no object, uber in a second, i would buy an uber over a {censored} ton of sweet amps, the uber is just an awesome amp.

in my opinion if you're looking for your holy grail, the price tag doesn't matter (but you need to work a lot and save some $$$$ :cop:)

• Members

I owned both at the same time, have gigged and recorded with both. I think the Tre is easier to dial in, and has a better FX loop for sure (at least better than the v2 Uber I had). The Tre doesn't have that super subsonic low end like the Uber, but its pretty heavy nonetheless. The Uber was darker and more smooth sounding, whereas the Tre can be a lot more bright. It is my opinion that leads are easier to play, and sound better on the Rivera.

Better amp? I don't know, they are so very different. I sold my Uber as I needed to fund something and it had the right value - the Bogner is obviously more expensive than the Tre. I still have the Rivera and dig it very much. I'd like to try a Revision Blue Uber...but between the V2 and the Tre, I sort of like the Rivera for what I do but I'd love to have another Uber.

this is very interesting, i would buy both if i have the money, unfortunately i need to decide and buy just one, i have spend 2 hours listening the sound clips of both amps and i still like a lot the Tre, however i did the same thing when i get my Dual and it was not what i was looking for.

i realy apreciate your help guys.

• Members

I've never heard a Ktre in person but they sound absolutely terrible recorded.

Not that Im doubting you, but I'd like to hear some recorded songs that showcase this. Slipknot doesnt count. :poke:

My band recorded our last CD using the VHT Pittbull 50ST for the first 4 songs and the rest is Rivera K-Tre. Just recorded another song in the studio last weekend for a compilation CD and the engineer loved the Tre. I will say its a little trickier to get a great recorded sound , But once you find the spot and back off the gain, its magic.

Archived