2 amps and 1 cab guys - a question

dmk

• Members

ok, heres the deal.

i'm using two marshall 6100's into one orange cab (rewired fo' stereo).

no problems there.

my question is where do you put your amps? i see a lot of people stack them on top of each other, but i'm kinda worries this will lead to a meltdown or something.

both amps get pretty hot on their own, so stacking is only going to make things worse.

anyone ever installed any fans or anything?

• Members

you could get a dual head flight case (tho it'd be heavy as a mofo) and sit it beside, or just put some spacers between the 2 heads, maybe a block of wood on each side that the four legs can rest on to give like 5-10 cm of clearance for the heat to dissipate :idk:

• Members

I stack the Uber on top of the Diezel, never had a problem.

Nothing gets hotter than the Diezel with all the Tubes they're packing.

If you leave a space between them, you'll be fine, they're designed to stack on top of each other. They have vents top and back.

• Members

I would put them underneath the cab, and I'd keep heavy {censored} on top of the cab.

I just put my h/k on top of my mesa (f-100), since my hk has a vent on top, but I usually don't stack them unless I'm short on space. My Peavey I don't really mind where thats at, as with mesa, but my H/K I put on top whenever stacking because the top board has like pushed down a bit, and now you can see the joints where each side meets the top, through the tolex. It's strange.

Archived