Guitar Hero

pezguy

• Members

it's a game. theyre not always trying to learn guitar. It's meant for fun = instant gratification and pulling off crazy solos without having to trudge through the more thorough process of learning guitar. Some like the game, some like real guitar, some do both. no point beating a dead horse

• Members

fair enough....but it seems like the guy spent a lot of time learning this so I'm not sure about the instant gratification part. For the record I have never played guitar hero so I do not know how long it would take to attain that level but it would seem like it would be easier and more fun to just learn guitar.

• Members

fair enough....but it seems like the guy spent a lot of time learning this so I'm not sure about the instant gratification part. For the record I have never played guitar hero so I do not know how long it would take to attain that level but it would seem like it would be easier and more fun to just learn guitar.

Learning curve in guitar hero is that of a game, you progress quickly in the beginning. There are difficulty settings so you start of reeeeeeally easy, with only 3 fret buttons used. So any n00b can buy the game and play along to their fav rock solo and feel somewhat like they're actually doing it. Whereas to play anything anywhere near that solo on a real guitar would take considerably more time, maybe years if it's a complex solo. Months/Years as opposed to minutes/hours...thats the instant gratification. Achieve in hours what would take years on the real instrument. Just like the game skate...pull off insane tricks in minutes, where it would take years of real practice to hit those tricks on a real deck

Archived