Splawn Niro Tube Issue (Help!!)

Dethshaft

• Members

Hello,

I just recieved my Splawn Nitro (looks awesome!) but when I tried putting in my KT88's one of the tubes plastic notch broke off in the amp. I was able to remove the chassis and remove the broken off piece, but can I use this tube still without that black piece? The pins are ok but I just have to make sure the pins are lined up correctly?

Sorry if this is a stupid question I don't know much about tubes/electronics

Dean

• Members

its completely broken. theres no fixing it or returning it.

might as well sell it to me.

theyre not very popular amps around here and no one is really in line to get one, so im doing you a favor by taking it off your hands.

you can thank me later.

I'm not that gullible. But its yours.

j/k of course:lol:

• Members

the plastic piece in the center is just the key so you align it correctly. Just make sure you line up the gap in the pins, with the gap in the socket, used to indicate pin 1.

And I'm dying to hear how the KT88's sound in this beast!!! Clips please!!

• Members

dean, i'm not 100% sure on this but i think it's still okay to use. the black piece is just so you can line up the pins correctly. it doesn't have anything to do with the actual circuitry of the tube.

also....PICS!!!! =)

Thanks, this is what i'm thinking. I'll obviously call up Scott and let him know because it was obviously defective but if it still works ok I can live with it for now. I wanna play it today at practice though!!!!

• Members

yeah... the plastic pieces is a retard slot. I call it that because i first got my amp, i didnt play for 2 days and kept the tubes in bubble wrap thinking i had to get somebody to do it for me... then i saw the little notch and punched myself in the ovaries.

haha

• Members

i think he did order it with kt88s but when he was installing them the plastic peice broke.

yeah, I don't think KT88 would work in the amp if it wasn't ordered with them. I think even the spacing needs to be larger between the tubes for 6550 and KT88.

• Members

congrats dethshaft. let us know how you like it with the kt88s. you're the first nitro owner that i know of that got it with kt88s. looking forward to hearing your thoughts/seeing pics =)

Thanks! I just installed everything and it is quality all the way. Even the toggle switches mean business haha. The guts were very clean as well(we knew that though). I am gonna fire it up at practice and let everyone know how it is. Right now I only have a Mesa standard 4x12 with V30's so it is gonna be boomy but I am definitely gonna get a blacked out Splawn 4x12 to match when I get more funds.

Dean

• Members

Thanks! I just installed everything and it is quality all the way. Even the toggle switches mean business haha. The guts were very clean as well(we knew that though). I am gonna fire it up at practice and let everyone know how it is. Right now I only have a Mesa standard 4x12 with V30's so it is gonna be boomy but I am definitely gonna get a blacked out Splawn 4x12 to match when I get more funds.

Dean

yes, let us know how it sounds, that's exactly the set up i was planning to use. I have the Oversized recto cab too.

Archived