Splawn Ntro w/KT88's has landed!!

Dethshaft

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Sounds great. Really massive... the palm mutes sound huge and saturated but still tight.

Good stuff.

:thu:

Yeah it's a massive sounding amp man! I would deffy cutt he lows so the bass guitar has room to breathe but I think this demonstrates the KT88's nicely.

• Members

holy low end batman! that's a massive sounding clip. what are your guitars tuned to? i need to fix up my other esp so i can play in some drop tuning again and get up some br00talz clips like that. thanks for posting!

That last section is G# I use an 8-string haha.

This is a new song we just wrote yesterday so it's not the tightest clip and the tasteless wanking could be tastier but hey better than waiting for the weekend!

• Members

wow, that sounds LOWWWW....I bet it'd be crushing in the tuning I use....drop C# mmmmmmmmmmmmmm me likey Nitro....I really want a Cobra too though lol

This amp has more saturation than a Cobra, kinda two different beasts. They would compliment each other awesome though thats for sure.

• Members

you think so? i wouldn't say it has more. the cobra gets pretty dang saturated.

CH2 on the Cobra is pretty dry......the Lead channel is saturated though. The Cobra is great because it has 2 completely different gain channels.....if you get tired of the mids in CH2 just throw it on CH3 and rip out some Recto riffage!

• Members

CH2 on the Cobra is pretty dry......the Lead channel is saturated though. The Cobra is great because it has 2 completely different gain channels.....if you get tired of the mids in CH2 just throw it on CH3 and rip out some Recto riffage!

im just trying to remember ansley's cobra i heard a few weeks back. either way i really liked the cobra. but yea, the nitro does get pretty saturated but it is still uber tight and responsive.

• Members

you think so? i wouldn't say it has more. the cobra gets pretty dang saturated.

I think maybe I am referring to the more squishy feel of the Splawn compared to the insane tightness of the Cobra. Not that the Nitro isn't tight, they're just very different beasts I suppose

• Members

Very quick clip cause I know people want to hear the KT88's. 2 tracks panned hard right and left with an MD421

Not bad for my first shot at recording the amp.

that just sounds fkn killer.I may be on the hunt for a nitro again.that is thwe first clip I have got to hear that is in my realm of music...the palm mutes are thick as hell.you can tell it just wants to kick you in the face...

• Members

that just sounds fkn killer.I may be on the hunt for a nitro again.that is thwe first clip I have got to hear that is in my realm of music...the palm mutes are thick as hell.you can tell it just wants to kick you in the face...

haha i listened to your band. I think you are a bit more aggressive sounding than my stuff. This section of song I recorded is our lighter stuff, but we bring teh BR00tLeZZ too!

A Splawn Nitro would bludgeon people with your sound.

• Members

I wouldn't say the Cobra is tighter than the Nitro.

I would just say they are both different sounding, I think both the Cobra and the Nitro are capable of delivering massive low end punch while remaining tight, just different voicings in doing so. Amen:thu:

• Members
I would just say they are both different sounding, I think both the Cobra and the Nitro are capable of delivering massive low end punch while remaining tight, just different voicings in doing so. Amen:thu:

Can you dial in any Alice in Chains, Skiw Row type tones out of the Nitro? Also...can it pull off EVH at all? If it can do rock tones really well as well as METAL tones really well....I might be sold.

My only gripe with the Cobra (other than build quality) is the fact that it can NOT do anything other than metal....but, it's very good at that :)

• Members
Can you dial in any Alice in Chains, Skiw Row type tones out of the Nitro? Also...can it pull off EVH at all? If it can do rock tones really well as well as METAL tones really well....I might be sold.

My only gripe with the Cobra (other than build quality) is the fact that it can NOT do anything other than metal....but, it's very good at that
:)

As a huge AiC fan I can honestly say this amp would rule playing JC's sludgy riffs. He has that low-mid sound that this amp just excels at. Thick tone is what this amp excels at. I am almost positive it can pull off Skid Row but EVH, I never entered that world of EVH'dom so i'm not even sure what to look for. I will say I like my Nitro much more than the 5150, 6505+ and the 5150III which I played the other day.

• Members

As a huge AiC fan I can honestly say this amp would rule playing JC's sludgy riffs. He has that low-mid sound that this amp just excels at. Thick tone is what this amp excels at. I am almost positive it can pull off Skid Row but EVH, I never entered that world of EVH'dom so i'm not even sure what to look for. I will say I like my Nitro much more than the 5150, 6505+ and the 5150III which I played the other day.

{censored} man, you might've sold me......I get my ProMod in on Wednesday...if I decide I love that Splawn voicing, I'll get one before I grab a Cobra (built quality is eh on a Cobra). If I decide the ProMod doesn't "do it" for me...I doubt the Nitro will. We'll see......

Archived