NGD (Edwards!!)

DeadNight Warrior

• Members

Well, I ordered this guitar from Ishibashi back in October, and it finally came in stock and... well, now I finally have it! Wooo!

I know a lot of you guys'll probably find it a bit gaudy (well, it is!), but I love it! Plays very nicely, sounds thick yet very clear. Kinda wish the neck pickup was a lil more single coil sounding, but it sounds great and I suppose I can switch it out one day if I want.

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Not doing too well money-wise now though, and if things don't pick up, I may have to sell it... and maybe the V... and maybe some other gear too. :cry:

We'll see...

My 2nd Edwards now... so far, 2 out of 2 fantastic guitars. Look forward to owning more in the future! :love::freak:

• Members

Only thing I'm having to get used to is the inlays. I'm used to playing on a fretboard with dots/blocks/pyramids/etc., and a blank fretboard... but this crazy vine {censored} is throwing me off a bit at the moment.

I'm sure I'll get used to it. Blank fretboards threw me off at first too. I just need to get more used to following the side markers while blocking out the fretboard inlays.

• Members

don't you have dot's on the side?

Yeah, there are side markers, but coz the fretboard's so damn busy with the vine inlays, I find my attention gets drawn more towards that. And for example, there's a flowery thing on the 13th fret... and so I'll get drawn to that rather than the 12th fret, etc. etc.

But like I said, it took a bit for me to really get used to a blank fretboard too. I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to this instrument. :)

• Members

how much?

looks killer, I'd ditch the gold hardware but other than that {censored} it, gawdy is cool....sometimes, and this is one of them. nice.

Well, I think I'm one of the few that doesn't mind gold hardware on certain guitars. :love:

From Ishibashi, the guitar was 132,000 Yen. 12,000 more for a hardcase, and shipping was 16,000.... would have been 14,000 without the hardcase (comes with a softcase anyway). Was packed perfectly... was a lil damage on the side of the box (which was bubble wrapped itself), but that didn't get through the layers of packing inside. :thu:

Customs got me though... added a good 300 bucks on top of it all. :mad::cry:

• Members

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit, it's pretty full-on and gaudy looking. And a lot of the really gaudy lookin' guitars I just can't get into. But for some reason I like this one.

I'm noticing this guitar doesn't seem to have much low end chunk. It's got a nice mid-range and it's nice 'n' clear in the top end without being harsh, but my V has a much chunkier low end to it.

Still, once it's thrown into a band setting with a bassist handling the low end, I'm sure that won't be as much of an issue. Definitely a shredder guitar I'd say! :love:

The sustain with this thing is {censored}ing sweet! Very even all over the neck too. Neck isn't ultra thin like a Wizard or anything, but I guess still fairly thin. I'd compare it to the neck on my other Edwards, but that hardly helps at all. Haha. I guess it feels a tad thicker than the necks on my RG7s.

• Members

Well, I think I'm one of the few that doesn't mind gold hardware on certain guitars.
:love:

From Ishibashi, the guitar was 132,000 Yen. 12,000 more for a hardcase, and shipping was 16,000.... would have been 14,000 without the hardcase (comes with a softcase anyway). Was packed perfectly... was a lil damage on the side of the box (which was bubble wrapped itself), but that didn't get through the layers of packing inside.
:thu:

Customs got me though... added a good 300 bucks on top of it all.
:mad::cry:

In Aus $?

Is that the Edwards version of the Kiko L ESP? Looks like the same setup.

• Members

Thing looks like it has monster frets...prolly just because of the inlays, they make the neck look very narrow.

Lots of gold bling...might look better when it ages.

Someone already coined it..definately the guitar equivalent of a ricer car... gaudy but you can't help but look and go wow! :D

• Members

In Aus $?

Is that the Edwards version of the Kiko L ESP? Looks like the same setup.

Guitar (w/softcase), hardcase, and shipping hit my credit card as $1672.80. Customs got me for another 300 bucks.

Without the hardcase, shipping also goes down a bit too.

My Edwards V was 8 or 900 or something, so when it came into the country it went straight through customs and into my hands, no problems.

Slightly different to the Kiko I think, but I've only seen pics of that model, don't know much about it.

Archived