Mesa/Boogie Tremoverb Love!!!!

Dale B.

• Members

Not sure, but the reverb on my Tverb is prettty good,...a little dark but it's not weak at all. The cleans I'd say are similar, but the Tverb will give you a bit more headroom.

thanks. the reverb may be {censored}ed in mine. its pretty weak on the clean channel, but almost nonexistant on the modern. i can only hear the reverb trail off when i stop a note. it unfortunate, cause i'm doing a bunch of elvis covers for new years, and i've come to really get a kick out of the clean channel in pushed mode.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still love mine even though the trem stopped functioning some time ago and the reverb was never substantial enough for me.

I rarely need trem and use a TR-2 when I do and recently added a Holy Grail reverb which would have pi**ed all over the stock reverb anyway.

• Members
does anyone know if they have the same reverb tank as the rectoverbs?

i absolutely love my single rectoverb, but it has the weakest reverb ever. the clean, and pushed modes are so good, it would be nice to get a stronger reverb for this channel. are the tremoverbs, and rectoverbs similar in the cleans?

They are very similar if not the same on both the T-verb, R-verb, and F-100. The difference lies in the tube-driven drive/recovery circuit of the T-verb.

• Members
I picked up another Mesa Tremoverb and received it yesterday. I need to swap out the gain pot on the Orange channel, but it's working at the moment. Other than that, she sounds awesome.

I retubed it with EH EL34's, GE 12ax7wa's in the preamp and it has RCA Black Plate 5u4gb rectifier tubes. I'm fixing to put a Sylvania 12ax7 in V1 and probably play around with some Siemens/RFT EL34's, SED EL34's and some NOS Tesla EL34's.

I'm glad to have a Tremoverb again!!!!!!

dude, you could have told me, I would have sold your old one back to you for the same $$. I can't crank it where I live currently, or even slightly loud, so its not the best fit... :mad:

• Members

1) The clean channel is very nice and much better than all the other Rectos until the Roadster/Roadking got the souped-up Lonestar-esque clean. I still prefer the clean on my F-100 2x12 combo, but I could easily use the T-verb for the clean parts in my band and have really good tone.

2) The Blues mode is a wide-ranging gain from clean through AC/DC to 80's metal and sounds a lot different to the other Rectos. Blues mode with the amp cranked up on spongy and tube recto is ridiculous.

3) The tube-driven reverb is very good.

4) The high gain modes (vintage/modern) sound better to me than the same modes on all the other rectos. The T-verb is smoother and has less buzz to the high gain sound. I hear a lot of people compare the older 2-channel rectos to the 3-channels the same way. When I think of the best Recto distortion sound I've heard, the T-verb captures that and adds a really good clean channel to boot.

This post here is exactly why I love the tremoverb. The blues mode covers all my classic rock/blues/hard rock tones that I want with just some tweaking of the gain and my guitar volume I can go from clean to mean. This mode alone is worth the price of admission.

Add to that a very good clean channel, and a low fizz vintage and modern mode for metal and you got a killer amp.

Archived