What are the settings on your Furman PQ3 Greenface?

MrSandMan

• Members

You should seriously stop saying "pre-1000." There is nothing that makes a pre-1000 rec any better than a post 1000 rec. I don't go around saying I have a pre-10,000 dr, because there's no significance to it.

Pre-500's are called that because there is a difference in them.

• Members

You should seriously stop saying "pre-1000." There is nothing that makes a pre-1000 rec any better than a post 1000 rec. I don't go around saying I have a pre-10,000 dr, because there's no significance to it.

PWNDZ??

• Members

Okay, I'll bite. What is special about "pre-500"? Pre-1000 use the same transformers as pre500. So I guess pre500 isn't so special after all.

Or maybe you could argue that "pre500" have special Revisions? What is special about C and D revision... because they are so trebly that they could peel the chrome off a bumper? That's not special, is it.

Or maybe you could argue they are "rare". Wait, that can't be it. Revision E is the most Rare revision ever made. There are only less than 150ish (approx) of them, which start at like R00504 to R00635-ish.

So does your "pre-10,000" have:

PT: 561136/EIA606-237

OT: 562100/EIA606-033

Choke: 550381/EI606-237

^^^ this is why pre1000 are special.

• Members

use it post gain

set the 1 and 3 bands flat.

set 2 at 800HZ, do a narrow band, cut it about half way.

You're half way to the Ratt - Out of the Cellar tone.

I think I got close to MOP with my Recto. Just turning a knob a little makes such a huge difference. Very touchy units.

• Members

Do you set your amp EQ at noon? And do you run your parametric EQ through the loop? It's quieter running through the loop.

Actually, I use a TC 1128 graphic most of the time.

I always do a narrow cut at 800 Hz, -6 db. I rarely boost or cut anyhting else.

Then, I dial the amp normally. My EQ is essentially a notch filter.

I run it immediately after the preamp in a rack setup.:thu:

• Members

Okay, I'll bite. What is special about "pre-500"? Pre-1000 use the same transformers as pre500. So I guess pre500 isn't so special after all.

Or maybe you could argue that "pre500" have special Revisions? What is special about C and D revision... because they are so trebly that they could peel the chrome off a bumper? That's not special, is it.

Or maybe you could argue they are "rare". Wait, that can't be it. Revision E is the most Rare revision ever made. There are only less than 150ish (approx) of them, which start at like R00504 to R00635-ish.

So does your "pre-10,000" have:

PT: 561136/EIA606-237

OT: 562100/EIA606-033

Choke: 550381/EI606-237

^^^ this is why pre1000 are special.

Pre-500 have different transformers and boards.

The Rev E is very rare, but Mesa stopped them for a reason, and I bet it wasn't to make them into collectables.

And my pre-10,000 is special... it has different knobs. It makes rolling off the mids easier.

• Members

Pre-500 have different transformers and boards.

The Rev E is very rare,
but Mesa stopped them for a reason, and I bet it wasn't to make them into collectables.

And my pre-10,000 is special... it has different knobs. It makes rolling off the mids easier.

That could be a double edge sword. Mesa only made approx 250 Rev C and approx 253 Rev D. So guess we can assume Mesa stopped making them for a reason?!

According to Wiki, pre500 are special because of the "specific" transformers tpre500 use and the circuit board. yet, it's noted that R09XX use these same "specific" transformers but a different circuit board (some are Rev E --the rarest circuit board in the Recto) and other are Rev F which provide full and dark massive tone.

I've owned R0064 (Rev C) and they are not "holy grail" imho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesa_Boogie

Additionally, the first 500 Dual Rectifiers are also considered to be the "holy grail" of the rectifier line. These Pre-500 rectifiers are said to have superior tone due to specific transformers that were only used on these early models. In addition these first 500 also feature a unique circuit board that was changed toward the end of 1992.

So if pre1000 defies Wiki's claim that only pre500 use these "specific" transformers, then isn't it safe to say that pre1000 is, in fact, different than post1000?

• Members

You kinda sound like that tool Gear-Monkey on the Boogie Board. He got owned over there too.

If anyone want the scoop on the whole "pre-1000" bull{censored}, I invite you to:

http://forum.grailtone.com/index.php

Just do a name search for Gear-Monkey

He invented the whole "pre-1000" himself.
:cop::blah:
:blah:
:bor:

Nice. I guess you can make up any type of name or title for your gear to try and sell it for close to 2 grand.

• Members

LMAOF @ getting owned!

Okay, so what you are saying is pre1000 have NO Difference of inside components (pre500 transformers) and NO difference in tone from the Rectos that don't have pre500 transformers?

No really... is this what you are saying? Be honest!

Archived