CAE OD100 Amps

keith2112

• Members

I've long considered these amps to be among the very best made along with Andy Fuchs' amps. If it is your thing I believe Engl is an awesome product. My question for any OD100 owners is how do you compare the different models out now. I want to make darn sure my next amp has ample gain. Does the classic+ have considerably more gain than the classic? Does the SE+ with the added Womp toggle have too much making it mushy----the DSL Ultry od2 gain has always been too much for me. I want a bunch but not soo much it becomes undiscernable. How about the good ol OD Standard+. Is this the one with just the right amount. It is hard to find all models at any one time in any one shop to try out. My guess is that they all have ample gain for just about anything I'd ever want to do. I have actually heard a few guys who got them and just didn't like the way the gain was voiced. No one in their right mind would not like the clean. Thanks a bunch guys.

• Members

I've long considered these amps to be among the very best made along with Andy Fuchs' amps. If it is your thing I believe Engl is an awesome product. My question for any OD100 owners is how do you compare the different models out now. I want to make darn sure my next amp has ample gain. Does the classic+ have considerably more gain than the classic? Does the SE+ with the added Womp toggle have too much making it mushy----the DSL Ultry od2 gain has always been too much for me. I want a bunch but not soo much it becomes undiscernable. How about the good ol OD Standard+. Is this the one with just the right amount. It is hard to find all models at any one time in any one shop to try out. My guess is that they all have ample gain for just about anything I'd ever want to do. I have actually heard a few guys who got them and just didn't like the way the gain was voiced. No one in their right mind would not like the clean. Thanks a bunch guys.

TONS of gain, in all the models. I do feel they are a bit woofy w/ the gain settings too, but LOVE the clean channel, but John Suhr is absolutely AWESOME, and will certainly help you to get the result you want. E-mail him and you WON'T be sorry.

• Members

I had the OD 100 Se+ with womp. womp worked good at lower volumes.. I didnt get along with the OD voicing either. Gain was good thought.

sold it and bought elmwood.

What's wrong with the OD voicing?

I'm also interested in the elmwood, how much you payed for it and can you give us a mini review of that amp?

Thanks! :thu:

• Members

What's wrong with the OD voicing?

I'm also interested in the elmwood, how much you payed for it and can you give us a mini review of that amp?

Thanks!
:thu:

[YOUTUBE]93iqwJw0kHE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EuWfHgEPkWk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Archived