Ever jam w/ your band at low volume?

The Keester

• Members

Do you guys ever just lower your amps or better yet use low volume tube amps (5 watts and below) to jam with a drummer and a bass player?

We've done this and its great. The drummer doesnt play like Kieth Moon...He uses brushes and just tries to play in the pocket. The bass player is nice and low volume too.

With this type of playing you really tighten your sound up because everything is so clear - especially the vocals. Its like listening to a really good hifi.

• Members

With this type of playing you really tighten your sound up because everything is so clear - especially the vocals. Its like listening to a really good hifi.

Yup. Then when you go out and tear it up at regular volume, you'll REALLY be kicking ass. Band will be tighter. I know this from experience.

Practicing at low volumes is the only way to get songs learned quickly and so everyone can hear each other. I play enough loud gigs I don't need to act like a jackass to get my ya-yas out at practice. The less time in practice the better.

- WOT

• Members

it's really nice with v-drums; run the whole mix into your soundboard, and then bring it out of your pa towers nice and low - you'll hear every pick scratch.

it's a great way to get a relaxed confidence in your songs, especially if you're working on something new.

• Members

Our drummer bought V drums. Cool to play at low vol's without the ring! Brings acoustic drums to most gigs.

now we can use the br00talz modelers and not have to carry amps to rehearsals :idea: But if we had to re tool sets, we use amps, acoust drums, full pa.

Archived