Dual Rectifier + 5150II = ???

killswitch_19

• Members

no-brainer dude, those are pretty standard matches in metal. more specifically, my single rec more than kept up with the 5150II i bought over the summer. i sold the peavey, and kept the mesa. when i figured out how to eq the mesa to cut, it was a holy {censored} experience. i've never eq'd bass that low, and had it kick me in the guts.

• Members

the rectifier will occupy the lower mids, the 5150II will ocupy the upper mids. should sound sick.

:thu:

yes, they mix very well

the person playing the duel rec will likely complain about not cutting, but that's not really the point with a pairing like this. They compliment each other well by filling the sound spectrum more completely.

• Members

That's my band's exact live setup right now and we couldn't be more happy... It's never sounded so HUGE before!

We finally got to try this new setup out at a large venue this past weekend and the stage sound (through the monitors) put a huge smile on my face when we were soundchecking and playing later that night.

My dad, who will tell me straight up if we sucked or not, told me the sound out in the crowd was the best he's ever heard... and he's been to every single one of our shows since this band line up started a year and a half ago.

• Members

My unboosted Dual hung with a 5150III. My other guitars had been demoing amps at practise to see what sounds best in our overall mix. While we thought the 5150 was worlds better then the Carvin, the high end beamed through the mix and made everything sound a little harsh. The Dual owned the mids and bass.

Archived