marshall 6100 clip!

dmk

• Members
hahaha!

dont do it!

it's tough but i needs to pay bills...lol Plus I'm not in a band anymore it's just sitting around. But there's somebody local that's selling a DSL50 brand new in a box for 575.00 I might get that! That way I can still have a great marshall tone and save a few bucks!.....:D

• Members
that was a cool amp
:(

What mods did it have again?

the one i sold recently was 77 and didnt have any apart from a ppimv.

i had a 76 about a month before that i modded up a bit (i went a bit mental with my overdraft and credit card :D)

the 76 never really sounded right stock though. never as good as the 77 did.
even though the insides were exactly the same. old marshall inconsistency i guess :idk:
i ended up putting in a ppimv, depth pot (sooo not needed), treble pot was push/pull for adding a 0.68uF cap in parallel across V2A's cathode resistor, bright volume was push/pull for switching between shared and split cathode on V1, normal volume pot was push/pull and cascaded the bright channel into the normal channel.
you could get some really cool sounds out of it.
ended up selling it to a friend for the same i paid for it cos i needed the cash bad.
sucks when you get divorced :cop:

• Members
the one i sold recently was 77 and didnt have any apart from a ppimv.

i had a 76 about a month before that i modded up a bit (i went a bit mental with my overdraft and credit card
:D
)

the 76 never really sounded right stock though. never as good as the 77 did.

even though the insides were exactly the same. old marshall inconsistency i guess
:idk:
i ended up putting in a ppimv, depth pot (sooo not needed), treble pot was push/pull for adding a 0.68uF cap in parallel across V2A's cathode resistor, bright volume was push/pull for switching between shared and split cathode on V1, normal volume pot was push/pull and cascaded the bright channel into the normal channel.

you could get some really cool sounds out of it.

ended up selling it to a friend for the same i paid for it cos i needed the cash bad.

sucks when you get divorced
:cop:

crazy..there aren't any clips of that amp by any chance? ;)

I've only tried two super basses, one of which I own...mine is stock, besides the OT, a few caps, and the presence pot and cap i believe.

they sounded similar, just the other one was a bit louder.

Archived