I"m an addict

Sandman31774

• Members
I can't help...Hello, my name is sandman31774 aka Jason....i'm a coffee addict. I love Blue Mountain and other types of coffee beans but my main everyday cheap coffee is this and I love it, I need it, I want some now:

Community_Dark_Roast.gif

Are you addicted to the caffeine and the little snap it gives you or are you addicted to the taste/habit.

I drink decaf for medical reasons but I would say I'm addicted to the taste. I love my coffee!

• Members
:)

why don't you like teh cappuccinos?

I like cappuccinos. I make 100's every day I'm at work. You see, I singlehandedly man a 3-tier coffee machine and a milk frothing station. The machine usually runs out of steam before I do ;)

But yeah, cappuccinos should be made with frothed milk :cop:

• Members
I like cappuccinos. I make 100's every day I'm at work. You see, I singlehandedly man a 3-tier coffee machine and a milk frothing station. The machine usually runs out of steam before I do
;)

But yeah, cappuccinos should be made with frothed milk
:cop:

hm, i never tried that.. i do have a frothing majig on my espresso machine but i have no idea how to use it.

• Members
I like it in summer, goes down reaaaaaal smooth, especially with a shot of Bailey's in there
:love:

well well well that's different.

I just had a shot of espresso without anything, and just.. GAHH! it was so bitter and just just horrible. i had to down it real quick.

• Members
hm, i never tried that.. i do have a frothing majig on my espresso machine but i have no idea how to use it.

Yeah.. espresso w/ milk isn't a cappuccino. A cappuccino consists of espresso, then a very small amount of liquid frothed/steamed milk, then the rest (about 2/3-3/4 of the cup) is the actual froth. Done right, you're supposed to spoon the froth in.

Espresso w/ milk is technically a "latte", but you're supposed to steam the milk before it goes in there anyway. You want to top it off with just a bit of frothed milk.

• Members
Yeah.. espresso w/ milk isn't a cappuccino. A cappuccino consists of espresso, then a very small amount of liquid frothed/steamed milk, then the rest (about 2/3-3/4 of the cup) is the actual froth. Done right, you're supposed to spoon the froth in.

Espresso w/ milk is technically a "latte", but you're supposed to steam the milk before it goes in there anyway. You want to top it off with just a bit of frothed milk.

wait.. so then...

if i just have milk.. w/o it being frosted.. is it just..

espresso with milk?

or a lazy ass's latte?

• Members

I work at Dutch Bros., an awesome little coffee company that still buys their beans green from the same three plantations in South America at the same times every year, and we roast our own beans weekly. It's a great place to work, and most anyone that has ever been there loves it. That being said, I drink a 12oz triple shot americano black. It's delicious.

• Members

An experienced barista will get the froth in with a special pouring technique, the spoon method is considered amateur. It's all in the hands.

My fave is the Latte Macchiato, basically a cappucino very light on the coffee, with the milk being poured before the coffee. It only gets like 1/4 of the normal coffee dose.

• Members
I can't help...Hello, my name is sandman31774 aka Jason....i'm a coffee addict. I love Blue Mountain and other types of coffee beans but my main everyday cheap coffee is this and I love it, I need it, I want some now:

Community_Dark_Roast.gif

So am I now thanks to you!!:o I don't nearly drink as much as you but I'll have a couple cups in the morning and a cup or two when I get home from work

Good stuff!:love::thu:

• Members
An experienced barista will get the froth in with a special pouring technique, the spoon method is considered amateur. It's all in the hands.

My fave is the Latte Macchiato, basically a cappucino very light on the coffee, with the milk being poured before the coffee. It only gets like 1/4 of the normal coffee dose.

Most of my customers (regulars -- I used to live in a small town) preferred a bone dry cappuccino, that's why I used the spooning method. The pouring method is good, but it does result in a less dry cappuccino, even with the best technique.

I like double Macchiatos, but with condensed milk rather than normal milk, and as a barista you know I don't mean what Starbucks calls a Macchiato. :D

Archived