For everybody asking about the BKP Warpig set

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Okay, I got PM's from like 7 different people about the BKP Warpigs, so I'm just making this post and linking you guys to it.

These are highly desireable high end pickups that don't show up on the used market very often. In my opinion, these are THE best pickups around, and this is THE best set for metal. www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk

The bridge pickup is a Ceramic Warpig and the neck pickup is the regular Alnico V Warpig. They don't like to use ceramics magnets in the neck position for most pickups, because alnico V's will provide a smoother, warmer, more round lead tone in the neck. I can't stress enough how killer these pickups are. EXTREMELY tight with huge bass response and very clear and lively. I want $250 for the pair. Many dealers here sell these pickups for $200 EACH.

They are black, uncovered, open-pole pickups. No cheesy covers on them. The wiring is 4 conductor, so they can be wired up to allow coiltapping the humbuckers for clean tones. The bridge pickup is 53 mm and the neck pickup is 50 mm. This is the exact spacing pickups should be for strats, superstrats, and most any guitar with a floating tremolo.

I'm only selling them because I just ordered a brand new custom set from the company for my new HSH guitar I'm getting next month. For what it's worth, I'm using the same two humbuckers in my custom set, but I wanted my whole set, including the middle single coil to be calibrated to mix well with each other and have similar output, so I'm ordering them all together at one time.

The set I just ordered is going in the new 24 fret H/S/H Ibanez S5470TKS. I could've just kept these two pickups and ordered the single coil for the middle, but I thought it'd be work out better for me to tell him exactly what I want and have him wind the whole HSH set for me so the 3 pickups matched up well, and it wouldn't be THAT much more expensive so I'm going for it. I'm kinda trying to make that guitar my dream guitar. Haha. That's the only reason I'm selling these two.

Oh, and someone asked me how they compare to the EMG81/85 set, so I'll just post that answer here too... might as well:

As far as compared to EMG 81/85, the bridge pickup is actually tighter than the 81 while at the same time being much thicker sounding. It has huge, very tight bass, and cutting mids. Very percussive sounding. It's also a little higher output than EMG's but more dynamic sounding. It is a little compressed, of course, because of being so high output, but not as much as EMG's. The neck pickup is really hot and smooth. Great for leads... but it can sound really good clean too. That's one cool thing about them. Despite being so high output they actually can get some great clean tones because they're so clear and detailed. Coiltapped for single coil-like tones makes the neck pickup REALLY nice for cleans.

I borrowed a friend's camera and will try to get take some pics tonight. I've got some other gear for sale I need to take pics of anyways.

Also, if paying by paypal, please add about $10 to cover the fees, or you could do $5 and send the echeck instant of instant payment, but you'd have to wait 3-4 days for that to clear.

I think that's all..... if you have any more questions, just ask me.

Archived