Bogner 4x12 vs Oversized 2x12

JoshuaLogan

• Members

When I get my Axe-FX I want to run in stereo. I am going to try the powered monitors thing out first, but if I don't like it I'm going to use a VHT poweramp and 2 cabs. I have a 4x12 Bogner cab now and I'd love to run two 4x12's in stereo, but I can't move two 4x12's in my car.... so I"m thinking about possibly going with two of the Bogner Oversized 2x12's.

Two questions really.

1. Are they tighter or atleast as tight as the 4x12? Most closed back 2x12's tend to be tighter, but I'm not sure if this one will be because of it being oversized...

2. How's the bass response compared to the 4x12? Does it sound almost as "big"....??? I mean, if it's a minor difference, could it be made up for just by adding some more bass in the EQ? Remember, I'll have two 2x12's.... running in stereo (mainly for being able to use stereo effects).

Just want to have an idea...

• Members

The Bogner OS 2x12s are great man. They sound huge for their size and very "woody" as well. Mine isn't as tight as my old Vader 2x12 for instance, but it is still up there.

Speaking of Vader though, you may want to look into them. They are very tight, articulate, and boomy. They are also a little smaller than the Bogner 2x12s so they would definitely be easier to haul around, and the price is a little lower.

Archived