The Faceless seeking new vocalist

JoshuaLogan

• Members

{censored}ty. Hopefully they find someone good.

Singer Derek Rydquist has announced his departure from The Faceless in order to pursue a college degree. Rydquist comments:

"The Faceless and I are sad to inform you that I will no longer be a member of the band. Long story short, there are things going on in my life that are keeping me from being 100% dedicated to the band, and that isn't fair to everyone involved in the band. I love this band, I love the guys, and I love the music, but in order for both the band and myself to grow to our fullest potentials, I feel that I must leave. I want to thank anyone who ever had a hand in helping out the band, every band we've toured with, all the new friends I've made in the last year, and of course the awesome dudes of The Faceless. I am sorry to disappoint any fans, but remember: The Faceless ruled before me, they ruled with me, and they will continue to dominate without me."

The Los Angeles group is now actively seeking a replacement. Here's a statement from the band:

"We have huge plans in 2008 including some killer tours and the recording of our new album! We are looking for someone who has a singing style similar to Derek's. A loud, consistent vocalist with confidence in his voice and stage presence is ideal for the replacement. A good sense of time, rhythm, odd meter and rapid sixteenth note voice patterns is also a must.

"If interested in joining The Faceless, please respond to www.myspace.com/thefaceless and send us a link where we can hear your voice. Before we try anyone out or send a track without vocals, we must hear your voice!"

Archived