Check out this clip... rock song (plexi, delay, wah, etc.)

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Yeah, it's another Axe-FX clip someone posted over there on the forum.... but that's not really why I'm posting it. I just thought it was an awesome song and want more people to hear it. It's a rock song using the plexi sim in the Axe-FX and a Gibson Melodymaker.... a bunch of awesome textures in it... lots of delay and different kinds of lead tones.... a sweet wah solo.... etc.

Check it out:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403221&songID=5841096

And the thread it came from:

http://www.setbb.com/axefx/viewtopic.php?p=36177&mforum=axefx#36177

• Members
Cool tune...not a fan of the tone though...needs more high end bite like a real Marshall. I've liked the other Axe-FX clips though. Especially the Bogner lead one.

:confused:

What, you mean the lead sound? He's got it set pretty low gain for most of it.... probably volume and tone knob rolled back a little bit.... seemed to be going for a more smooth jazz kinda lead sound. You can definitely here the plexi crunch in the background rhythm chords... damn, some people are impossible to please. haha.

either way, I thought the song was completely awesome. :cool:

• Members
:confused:

What, you mean the lead sound? He's got it set pretty low gain for most of it.... probably volume and tone knob rolled back a little bit.... seemed to be going for a more smooth jazz kinda lead sound. You can definitely here the plexi crunch in the background rhythm chords... damn, some people are impossible to please. haha.

either way, I thought the song was completely awesome.
:cool:

I just wasn't huge on the tones there. Like I said...overall I've been impressed with the Axe-FX....especially the Bogner one you posted. This one doesn't do it for me though.

• Members

I just wasn't huge on the tones there. Like I said...overall I've been impressed with the Axe-FX....especially the Bogner one you posted. This one doesn't do it for me though.

that's cool, although I find it sad you comment more on "teh tones" than the song. I don't even play music like that, and I can appreciate it.

• Members

When I had the AFX in my hands for a week I was realy experimenting with changing the tone stacks in V5.0. One of the coolest features on that thing is the ability to modify tone stacks for any preamp.

Put a plexi tone stack on a Lead 2 (mkIv??) preamp model and you get something unique. Put a Recto tone stack on a BRIT (jcm800) preamp and dynamics, gain change to something you maybe would not see. Its like the pumping dynamics of recto with the mid punch of the jcm. Cool

Archived