Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli tone

TheAmazingBlob

• Members

Your setup actually isn't too different from theirs.

*I think* they used the Savage into a Mesa Traditional 4x12 with a Jackson loaded with EMGs for the bulk of the rhythm tones on that album.

I'm sure you could get pretty close with the setup you are rocking now. Do you have any clips? It's hard to tell you what to do without hearing where your tone is at currently.

How are you settings dialed in? Which of the million tone shaping buttons on the Savage do you have pushed in?

• Members

Your setup actually isn't too different from theirs.

*I think* they used the Savage into a Mesa Traditional 4x12 with a Jackson loaded with EMGs for the bulk of the rhythm tones on that album.

I'm sure you could get pretty close with the setup you are rocking now. Do you have any clips? It's hard to tell you what to do without hearing where your tone is at currently.

How are you settings dialed in? Which of the million tone shaping buttons on the Savage do you have pushed in?

Oh, sorry, I should have clarified. I don't actually have that rig, I'm just considering getting it and wondering how close I might be able to get to Dimmu Borgir's tone.

Right now I have the Jackson with 85s, and I'm planning on buying the Vader within 2 or 3 weeks. Then I'll have to save for a few months to get the Savage. Currently I'm using a Mesa Mark III and Mesa Halfback 2x12.

• Members

Oh, sorry, I should have clarified. I don't actually have that rig, I'm just considering getting it and wondering how close I might be able to get to Dimmu Borgir's tone.

Right now I have the Jackson with 85s, and I'm planning on buying the Vader within 2 or 3 weeks. Then I'll have to save for a few months to get the Savage. Currently I'm using a Mesa Mark III and Mesa Halfback 2x12.

Well I live in MN and have a used Vader I'd be interested in selling to ya.

arch.angel.adeamus AT gmail.com

• Members

Never thought I would hear anything involving Dimmu Borgir described as "sexy", but I have to agree
:lol:

Really? Shit, I find the music sexy in an epic way, as in the way Interview with a Vampire portrays vampires. Death metal and orchestras just go together and the arrival of bands like Dimmu were a long time coming. Dimmu is like an evil gothic opera to me.

• Members

Not stock you need studio fredman or at least a proffessional engineer.

If you put an EQ in the loop and slave a 5150 and tweak alot and use a parametric EQ and cut some {censored} freqencies you might be there. EMG suck in ENGL amps and dont see the point use them in modern amp(only my opinion).

Good luck

• Members

Not stock you need studio fredman or at least a proffessional engineer.

If you put an EQ in the loop and slave a 5150 and tweak alot and use a parametric EQ and cut some {censored} freqencies you might be there. EMG suck in ENGL amps and dont see the point use them in modern amp(only my opinion).

Good luck

You absolutely DO NOT need all of that to get a similar tone. Sure, it won't be as polished or dead on but you certainly don't need all of that. I plug my guitar right into my Savage 120 through a Mills Acoustics 4x12 and on rough mode with the right tweaking you could get pretty damn close to their level of br00tality.

In terms of the comment about EMG's through Engls, though I have never personality tried my amp with active pickups, there are literally dozens and dozens of professional bands putting EMG 81/85's through their Engl's and getting fantastic results.

Blanket statements like that show a real bias on the topic, I'm not sure why you are chiming in.

• Members

I happen to love EMG 81's in the Savage. I think they sound way better than passives in that head. I have a XXL and a standard cab with g100k's in it. Love that sound. I just played with the Vader 4x12 2 weeks ago and it is an incredible sound. Very smooth and heavy sounding.

• Members

You absolutely DO NOT need all of that to get a similar tone. Sure, it won't be as polished or dead on but you certainly don't need all of that. I plug my guitar right into my Savage 120 through a Mills Acoustics 4x12 and on rough mode with the right tweaking you could get pretty damn close to their level of br00tality.

In terms of the comment about EMG's through Engls, though I have never personality tried my amp with active pickups, there are literally dozens and dozens of professional bands putting EMG 81/85's through their Engl's and getting fantastic results.

Blanket statements like that show a real bias on the topic, I'm not sure why you are chiming in.

Kind of what I was thinking :confused:

Anyway, thanks for the comments, guys. I should be getting a Vader 4x12 from Adeamus as soon as my current cab sells. Can't wait :love:

Archived