Another DSL50 Clip

guitarbilly74

• Members

Those DSLs have a nice tone! What channel was that on? Also, are you boosting it? Sounded great, nice tone and I could "feel" it.

cole

no boost... I'm on the red channel/OD2

setting are:

Gain -4

Volume -3

Bass -6

Mids -9

Treble -5

Presence -4

reverb -3

deep switch in

tone shift out

there's a cheap arion delay in the loop, the cab is a Line 6 vetta cab loaded with celestions.

• Members

Listening to your clip made me very happy to also be a DSL owner!
:thu:

funny you said that, because that sammy hagar clip you posted here a while ago was one of the reasons I wanted to buy a DSL, seriously!!!

You're getting a KILLER tone on that clip and to top it off you're also a heck of a singer!!! :thu: :thu:

• Members

maybe i should start using the OD2 mode again...i've been stuck on OD1 for a while. by the way, did you throw an EQ in the loop?

I think I like the OD2 mode with a low gain setting (below 5) better than the OD1 with a higher gain setting.. it sounds clearer and more defined.

No eq in the loop, just the cheap delay pedal.

• Members

{censored}. I am seriously considering one of these now, I was going to pick up a classic 50 2x12, but man that thing sounds pretty damn good, I need good cleans and classic rock from hell, so it fits the bill. If I could raise up another 150$ I could afford one at those prices..

• Members

{censored}. I am seriously considering one of these now, I was going to pick up a classic 50 2x12, but man that thing sounds pretty damn good, I need good cleans and classic rock from hell, so it fits the bill. If I could raise up another 150$ I could afford one at those prices..

I really like the classic 50 as well... the DSL is more versatile and has a lot more gain but the Classic is also a good sounding amp..

hmmm that's a though decision man.

• Members

you can find DSL100's going for $600 all day

That's what I thought too, but I had some trouble finding one.. it seems that the price went up a bit from last year, most used DSL100s are now on the 700-800 range..

and yeah DSL50s are harder to find.. but I like the DSL100 too, pretty much the same amp, with a little more headroom and low end..

Archived