Anyone have any info on Tech 21 TM 60 amps?

roughtrade

• Members

I have one. I like it. I also have the Power Engine 60 (powered speaker) which I'll use sometimes with the TM60. This amps controls are not like your standard bass/mid/treb. It shares a common eq which works most of the time. There is very good control over shaping the O.D. tones. I tried it recently with a Boss GE-7 Eq pedal in the loop and it sounded huge!

The clean is cery good. Les Paul uses one for gigging. The O.D. has a lot of versatility. It's a very good SS amp. All that being said, it's not my main amp. I use a Marshall DSL. But I do use the TM60 at rehearsals, jams, at home sometimes and small gigs although I have used the TM60 for large outdoor gigs. Check one out if you can.

BTY, the Cube is not no where near the TM60 in quality and performance. I think of the Cube as a cool toy to use at home. The TM60 is pro gear.

• Members

I have one. I like it. I also have the Power Engine 60 (powered speaker) which I'll use sometimes with the TM60. This amps controls are not like your standard bass/mid/treb. It shares a common eq which works most of the time. There is very good control over shaping the O.D. tones. I tried it recently with a Boss GE-7 Eq pedal in the loop and it sounded huge!

The clean is cery good. Les Paul uses one for gigging. The O.D. has a lot of versatility. It's a very good SS amp. All that being said, it's not my main amp. I use a Marshall DSL. But I do use the TM60 at rehearsals, jams, at home sometimes and small gigs although I have used the TM60 for large outdoor gigs. Check one out if you can.

BTY, the Cube is not no where near the TM60 in quality and performance. I think of the Cube as a cool toy to use at home. The TM60 is pro gear.

Thanks,

I am looking for a primarily clean tone that I can shape, sort of like Larry Coryell or John Abercrombie. I need the clean tone for jazz standards, but I want to explore other tones. You answered the questions I had about comparing it to the cube-60. Whenever I look in the review section, there are 500 reviews from guys with 80 tears experience and the reviews are either all good or all bad and it is hard to sort out from that mess.

• Members

To elaborate further. It's a good amp, good quality construction and light weight. It's got a good clean tone for Jazz. The distortion is pretty good for solid state, It's more classic rock voiced than Metal. If it's good enough for Les Paul for Jazz, I suspect you can make it work for you. If I were looking for a strictly clean solid state jazz amp, I might be inclined to go Roland JC-120 over the TM-60.

• Members

I've had one for awhile. Channel 1 is the better of the two, which is more of the Fender channel. You can get some good clean sounds, then crank up the drive some & get some very good tweed overdrive tones & at reasonable volumes. Channel 2 isn't bad, but can be a little dark or muddy sounding. If you dial in channel 1 to your liking, you may find channel 2 is darker than you like & the growl control on Ch 2 may not be enough to really dial in the exact sound you want.

The big positives from a gigging standpoint are...
1. Lightweight amp
2. Footswitch adjustable clean volume boost - get's your lead parts in front of the mix
3. Footswitch effects loop - If I use delay or something in a song, I usually just leave the delay pedal on & use the TM60 footswitch to bring the effect into my sound. Also can help with tone sucking effects, some effects can suck your tone when they're in the signal path. With the footswitchable effects loops you can take those pedals out of your signal until you actually use the effect.
4. Direct out - sounds goods & very convenient for just going direct to the PA system. I know at one gig the soundman mic'd the amp & hooked up the direct out. He used the direct out for the house mix cus it sounded better to him.

• Members

I've had one for over 4 years now, and it's a great amp. I mainly used it for jazz when I was in my high school jazz band, and now I mostly use it for practicing. Here's a clip I made of it a while ago with a telecaster (punk/rock style):

That don't sound like my daddy's tele:lol:

Great!

• Members

To elaborate further. It's a good amp, good quality construction and light weight. It's got a good clean tone for Jazz. The distortion is pretty good for solid state, It's more classic rock voiced than Metal. If it's good enough for Les Paul for Jazz, I suspect you can make it work for you. If I were looking for a strictly clean solid state jazz amp, I might be inclined to go Roland JC-120 over the TM-60.

I want some versatility, I was considering a cube-60, but I don't want the weight of some of the larger amps.

I haven't started using pedals, yet, but I may explore that later. I want a clean sound that I can darken a little occasionally.

• Members

I've had one for awhile. Channel 1 is the better of the two, which is more of the Fender channel. You can get some good clean sounds, then crank up the drive some & get some very good tweed overdrive tones & at reasonable volumes. Channel 2 isn't bad, but can be a little dark or muddy sounding. If you dial in channel 1 to your liking, you may find channel 2 is darker than you like & the growl control on Ch 2 may not be enough to really dial in the exact sound you want.

The big positives from a gigging standpoint are...

1. Lightweight amp

2. Footswitch adjustable clean volume boost - get's your lead parts in front of the mix

3. Footswitch effects loop - If I use delay or something in a song, I usually just leave the delay pedal on & use the TM60 footswitch to bring the effect into my sound. Also can help with tone sucking effects, some effects can suck your tone when they're in the signal path. With the footswitchable effects loops you can take those pedals out of your signal until you actually use the effect.

4. Direct out - sounds goods & very convenient for just going direct to the PA system. I know at one gig the soundman mic'd the amp & hooked up the direct out. He used the direct out for the house mix cus it sounded better to him.

Sounds like what I'm looking for, Thanks.

Thanks to all you all:thu:

Archived