Boost pedal question

guitarbilly74

• Members

I currently have an OCD and a DS1 in my pedal board.

I really like my OCD as a stand alone distortion but not as a boost

On the other hand, I like the DS1 as a boost but not as a stand-alone distortion.

But I need to free up some space in my board for some other stuff so I want a pedal that would be a good boost for the DSL BUT would also work as a distortion pedal on its own (changing settings of course) in case I need to play through a clean amp at a jam etc...

what do you guys recommend??

• Members

I currently have an OCD and a DS1 in my pedal board.

I really like my OCD as a stand alone distortion but not as a boost

On the other hand, I like the DS1 as a boost but not as a stand-alone distortion.

But I need to free up some space in my board for some other stuff so I want a pedal that would be a good boost for the DSL BUT would also work as a distortion pedal on its own (changing settings of course) in case I need to play through a clean amp at a jam etc...

what do you guys recommend??

How much distortion do you need? I have a Boss OD-3, which works pretty effectively, but I wouldn't consider it a high gain pedal. However, it sounds way more natural than the DS-1, and works just fine for boosting.

• Members

hmm I also have a SD-1 (Super Overdrive) somewhere around here... I need to find it and give it a try.. how would compare the OD-3 to the SD-1 gain-wise??

Sorry, I don't have much experience with the SD-1. From what I understand, the OD-3 is similar, but not quite as aggressive sounding.

Archived