new ENGL amps, Steve Mosrse signature and Raider 100 combo amp

enforcer

• Members

I like the blue on the Morse.....$3200+ on the msrp..

I thought you were gunna be able to get it for like $2500 or so. No?

Seems cool, wonder what the voicing is like though. Everyone has assumed it is going to sound just like an Invader, but I don't know, Morse has used a whole bunch of different Engls lately.

• Members

That combo is 100w and only has a V30.
:confused:

Exactly like Engl Sovereign 1x12 which I have, no problem :)

I've heard both of new Engls at a MusikMesse. Steve Morse sounds definitely great and the 3rd channel thanks to unbelievable midrange versatility is probably one of the most versatile channels :)

I don't say much about Raider 100, because I've really heard it only for a short while.

• Members

I thought you were gunna be able to get it for like $2500 or so. No?

Seems cool, wonder what the voicing is like though. Everyone has assumed it is going to sound just like an Invader, but I don't know, Morse has used a whole bunch of different Engls lately.

That's because he is trying to get back his tone when he was using Marshalls back then ... and he fails :p

Now bring the flame on guys :poke:

• Members

Exactly like Engl Sovereign 1x12 which I have, no problem
:)

I've heard both of new Engls at a MusikMesse. Steve Morse sounds definitely great and the 3rd channel thanks to unbelievable midrange versatility is probably one of the most versatile channels
:)
I don't say much about Raider 100, because I've really heard it only for a short while.

I had the Traynor YCV 50 Blue....and found the volume kinda stuck at 1/2 power. Didn't seem to get any louder...just flubbed out a bit. Other people have commented on some volume issues.

So I put the EV12L in there and noticed a big difference. The volume continued to rise as the pot was turned. I can't say in technical terms, but it seemed like the speaker...while not really distorting, was...choking?..the volume.

I noticed the same thing in my old Marshall VS100r. The Marshall "gold" speaker looks alot like the v30...had the same EV12l in there and noted the same results.

I like the V30 in 4x12 cabs...but not in a higher watt 1x12 combo. Of course I unedrstand the mileage does vary.

• Members

I like the V30 in 4x12 cabs...but not in a higher watt 1x12 combo. Of course I unedrstand the mileage does vary.

Think about it different. You have a nice combo, which You can take with, but if You need more volume just attach 2x12 or 4x12 and there You go :)

• Members

i dont know how in teh hell Steve Morse gets a sig amp:freak:

Let's see....ummm..

Dixie Dregs.

Steve Morse Band

Deep Purple

Ever see him live? How many albums do you have? Ever see his clinic?

A phenomenal guitarist and musician. Gear freak. Nice to see guys not locked into metal or shred or instrumental get such honor.

For Jaeger; when did he use Marshalls? I mean he might have a few I am sure...but FAIK he used Peavey.

• Members

i dont know how in teh hell Steve Morse gets a sig amp:freak:

Because he is godly... :poke:

44-q_flFb-k

+1 on the blue looking goofy, not a big fan. But it matches the blue of his sig guitar, which I'm sure is no accident. I'm sure it'll be a badass amp though. It's probably modeled after the SE, which he's been playing for a while.

• Members

I'm sure the Morse model is a great amp. He's an amazing player. But the blue screams cheap 80's randall to me. Now it just needs to be covered in carpet.

TwoRock.jpg

yeah...the blue screams cheap 80s randall :confused:

now maybe if it was lime green or something? haha

i dunno, i love the blue, im definitely going to be picking one up - ive been gassing for another engl for some time. and now it will match my two rocks :D

• Members

TwoRock.jpg

yeah...the blue screams cheap 80s randall
:confused:

now maybe if it was lime green or something? haha

i dunno, i love the blue, im definitely going to be picking one up - ive been gassing for another engl for some time. and now it will match my two rocks
:D

Maybe I'm just sour because back in the day I had one of those 'cheap 80's randalls' lol.

An Engl and a 2 Rock would make a sweet rig though.

• Members

It's sure got lots of knobs. Bet it sounds good though.

I for one am not a fan of Morse's tone. The only time I liked his tone was on the Dixie Dregs DVD I have. It's a very old concert and his tone was very clean. Sounds like a Fender or Music Man of some sort. Probably late 70's?:cool:

Archived