• Members

Hi,

I'm looking for a used head.

Here's the requirements:

-voiced for modern/hard rock, with decent, punchy low end

-2 channel head, no combo's

-good clean channel

-effects loop

-something that sounds great without shaking the foundation with rediculous ammounts of volume

-under $600

....any ideas?

• Members

what kinda cab do you have?

and... under 600?? keep saving and playin til you find osmething you really dig, man... that's a somehwat feeble amount to spend on a head.

I see what you're saying, but I haven't gigged in years. I'd feel a bit guilty spending a bunch of cash on a head that'll be more of a weekday wank, weekend drink/jam sort of thing.

I just don't want to be one of those douchebags that buy a $2000 amp that never gets used for its intended purpose. I'd much rather be a $600 douchebag with a clear concience.

• Members

I see what you're saying, but I haven't gigged in years. I'd feel a bit guilty spending a bunch of cash on a head that'll be more of a weekday wank, weekend drink/jam sort of thing.

I just don't want to be one of those douchebags that buy a $2000 amp that never gets used for its intended purpose. I'd much rather be a $600 douchebag with a clear concience.

I like this guy; at least he's honest!

Now, "modern" means a lot of different things to different people, so I'll throw out a few different choices:

--Laney AOR

--Mesa DC-3

--Peavey Classic 50

That's a pretty good start. I mean, there ARE others out there, but those are staples within your budget...

• Members

for around $800 (last time i checked) you could get a single recto. they sound good at low volume, have good cleans, and are pretty versatile for a recto. they'll do a passable blues even. mid gain rock tones are in there too. damn good amps as far as i'm concerned.

• Members

--Laney AOR

--Mesa DC-3

--Peavey Classic 50

That's a pretty good start. I mean, there ARE others out there, but those are staples within your budget...

I had a Classic 50 4X10 years ago. I liked it, sold it for more gain.

I'll have to look into the AOR and the DC-3.

Archived