how well do Orange Amps take pedals?

FearMeWithMyLP

• Members

Hey everyone!

I was thinking about getting an Orange Amp (most likely the AD30 - with reverb if I can find it on eBay) because I LOVE the distortion and clarity on those things! While I thought they were mostly known for their bassy tone, I saw a few clips that had this extremely nice sharp treble to it which blew my mind!

The thing is, I've seen many without FX loops. I use a few pedals (DL4, Boss DD20, Digitech Reverb, and Boss Pitchshifter) and I was wondering how Orange Amps handle pedals since they would be run without the loop - unless there are different versions with loops that I just didn't see.

:freak::blah:

Thanks !

:lol:

• Members

Hey everyone!

I was thinking about getting an Orange Amp (most likely the AD30 - with reverb if I can find it on eBay) because I LOVE the distortion and clarity on those things! While I thought they were mostly known for their bassy tone, I saw a few clips that had this extremely nice sharp treble to it which blew my mind!

The thing is, I've seen many without FX loops. I use a few pedals (DL4, Boss DD20, Digitech Reverb, and Boss Pitchshifter) and I was wondering how Orange Amps handle pedals since they would be run without the loop - unless there are different versions with loops that I just didn't see.

:freak::blah:

Thanks !

:lol:

Ever heard of OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ?

• Members

you could get it modded for a loop, cause a delay will prolly sound like {censored} outfront, but I don't play oranges so, take it as a wee bit of advice
:idk:

way too much trouble + its too cool a loooking head to mess with. buy a true bypass looper pedal, and that's it. get the ORANGE man!!!!

• Members

way too much trouble + its too cool a loooking head to mess with. buy a true bypass looper pedal, and that's it. get the ORANGE man!!!!

How exactly do these bypass looper pedals work? Since it is all going into the regular input, I'm totally lost in how this is possible

and Yep! I have heard of Omar, I friggin LOVE the Mars Volta! Despite what anyone says, I like his tone because it is so sharp and biting!!

Archived