Marshall 1960 Vintage cab better than regular 1960 ?

Motorcycle

• Members

I had the 1960av cab and now i'm selling it and i'm looking for different speakers. I'm thinking greenbacks or the 12h30.

So..... having tried the JVM extensively with the 1960a and the 1960av...

I would suggest neither. They are both WAY to bright. And yes, they are both broken in.

Try greenbacks...i bet you will like it. :thu:

• Members

From what I've read and heard, the 1960A with its G12-T75s would have less mids than a 1960AV cab with its Vintage 30s.

I bought a 1960AV for that reason. I like MIDS!!!

I did play through a TSL 100 and 1960A cab a couple weeks ago and I was able to get the same growling classic rock tone I get with my DSL 100 and 1960AV though.

A lot if it is how you dial in the amp.

I recently picked up an MG 412A cab real cheap and I loaded it with Warehouse Speakers Veteran 30s and it sounds AWESOME!!!!

It definitely gives my 1960AV a run for it's money. I A/B'd 'em side by side and the 1960AV has a little more highs in the 3-4K range and a little more of that mid spike in the 600HZ range.... but other than that they sound pretty much identical.

I never tried those Warehouse Speakers before ... but I'm EXTREMELY happy with the ones I bought. Those speakers are simply BAD ASS!! :thu:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I had the 1960av cab and now i'm selling it and i'm looking for different speakers. I'm thinking greenbacks or the 12h30.

So..... having tried the JVM extensively with the 1960a and the 1960av...

I would suggest neither. They are both WAY to bright. And yes, they are both broken in.

Try greenbacks...i bet you will like it.
:thu:

Bullshit. They are only too bright if you

Archived